Forum

Lark Ride

Club runs discussion

Re: Lark Ride

Postby Chris C » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:26 pm

Lark Ride to Chapel 4 Aug

10 riders feasted like kings (er and queens) at the delightful No Car Café last Saturday.

After descending Standing Stone on our way home we were honoured to glimpse a sizeable contingent of riders from the 1.00 pm faster group heading doggedly upwards, making it two weeks in a row that we have met another Wheelers ride coming the other way. I dream of the day when this will be a common occurrence, with groups of Wheelers criss-crossing each other all over Cheshire, and cheering children as eager to add us to their tally as they do so now with Eddie Stobart lorries.

My average speed: 12.5 mph.
Chris C

Postby Chris C » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:32 pm

Lark Ride to Tittesworth 11 Aug

9.00 am South Park car park. 46 local miles, 3,500 feet of climbing. Nothing too strenuous so we have something left for the 70th Anniversary Club Run on Sunday. Route tweaked to avoid 25% climb in Rushton, following welcome tip off from a native. I might be mad but I'm not stupid.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28283971
Chris C

Postby Chris C » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:36 am

Lark Ride to Norley 18 Aug

Brilliant ride yesterday, which I really enjoyed. Charming café at Stonyford Cottage Gardens & Garden Centre (soya milk available), where we were the sole patrons. 16 riders, not all at the same time, although by a bit of serendipity Dave W joined us at the very junction in Byley where Steve P left us. Good to have (newly married) Elliot S and (to be married) Matt R out with us again, together with a re-engineered David Hi demonstrating that, moan if we dare about the NHS, it has clearly spared no expense in implanting the best turbocharger that money can buy into the legs of the club’s legendary own Bionic Man.

Other legends making my ride today were Phil B, Russell H, Simon G, Mark Boo, Simon R, Mike C, welcome back to week two to Mike’s chum Bennett, Vikki Ironperson, Andrew R and Janet H. Great to have such a big turnout, and to go a little faster than usual, for we fairly flew along. My average speed for the 60 miles from park to home: 15.8 mph.
Chris C

Previous

Return to Club runs