Forum

Lark Ride

Club runs discussion

Re: Lark Ride

Postby Mike Roberts » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:42 pm

Betley Tea Rooms is a new one for me...

Can you give me directions for it, please, Chris?
MBobs

AKA Mr Grub Street - whatever that implies!
Mike Roberts

Postby Chris C » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:49 pm

Lark Ride to Hulme End 7 April

A trio of triathletes joined a brace of bicyclists today when Vikki brought along her (most welcome) pals Christine and Samid from the Stockport Tri Club to accompany Phil B and I on our jaunt through some of the finest countryside known to man, I mean known to people. Vikki was on astonishing form, shooting up every hill. Clearly running 75k in one go (I am not making this up) two weeks ago has done her no end of good. Back home for me at 4 pm, having averaged 10.6 mph for 50 miles and 4,600 feet (of climbing). May be able to squeeze in a short Lark Ride next week, ending in Goostrey so those that are able to can help at our Open 25 mile TT.
Chris C

Postby Chris C » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:55 pm

Lark Ride to Great Budworth Sat 14 April

Seven riders: Dave L, Phil B, Pete J, John B, Cath, Janet H and me, five stopping at the café. My average speed home to home: 14.3 mph for 53 miles. Hilly ride in the sun next week I hope.
Chris C

Postby Chris C » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:09 pm

Lark Ride to Monyash 21 Apr

A Baker’s Dozen Larks today: Phil, me , Simon Rob, Eddie, Andrew, Pete J, Russell, Tim, Oliver, Mark Boo, Steve P, Janet and new member Snowy. Welcome to Lark Lark Land, Snowy. And Dave L joined us for the café. My average speed? Haven’t a clue as my Garmin switched itself off mid-ride. The Peak District on a day like today? Surely this is God’s own country?
Chris C

Previous

Return to Club runs