Forum

Easier training ride @ 10 2 7

Training rides info + discussion

Easier training ride @ 10 2 7

Postby fredspark » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:36 pm

Its not going to be freezing and by the time the snow starts we should be home or tucked up in the PT so no need to cancel the 10 2 7 training ride tonight. Might need a waterproof and good winter kit but I'll be at broken x hoping I'am not the only one.
Fred W
fredspark

Re: Easier training ride @ 10 2 7

Postby fredspark » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:06 pm

On a not very promising night it was great that five of us turned up for yesterday evenings 10 2 7 ride; Lynda C, Monica E, Rich T, Phil K and yours truly.
A harder than its been for a while ride out into the wind prompted a change to go single file and do team time trail style changes. We didn't get the "style" right, it was more of a hybrid affair and we probably made it harder work than it might have been. A stop for traffic lights on Seven Sisters was a chance for a team talk to try and get things right but most of the circuit was behind us by then. Not a disaster though just a case of live and learn and try and get it right next time.
Rich and Lynda made their own ways from Ollerton leaving three of us to negotiate some patchy slushy roads round the wizard and down into Prestbury, but no problems.
I'am sure Lynda had the legs to get round and just made a tactical withdrwal saving them for the Harriers Fell Handicap on sunday when if the Langley 7 is anything to go be she will be pipping me to the post again.
Obviously this time of year it can be touch and go whether a ride is on or off but lets do it if we can, just watch this space for next week. It would be good to get the team time trail going properly.
Fred W
fredspark

Re: Easier training ride @ 10 2 7

Postby fredspark » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:23 pm

Ironically it was actually better weather for the 10 2 7 ride last night with just two of us out than the week before, the rain and snow kept off and a lot less wind.
So Olly S and myself did a good tempo ride on a slightly different circuit, rather than Artist Lane up through Alderly and Mottram where I was digging deep to hang on to Olly. I'am not sure what what our average speed was but we got back to Macc about 15 mins sooner than when I did a similar circuit on my own a few weeks ago, so good work.
I wont be out next week myself (firms do) so I suggest anybody who wants to do it posts here.
Fred W
fredspark

Return to Training