Forum

Membership renewals 2017

General Macclesfield Wheelers related discussion.

Membership renewals 2017

Postby Chris C » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:51 pm

It's that time again. If you want to ride with us in 2017, it's time to renew your membership (unless you've joined the club since 1 December, are a life member or have already renewed).

This year we’ve changed the way you can buy third party insurance with Cycling UK (formerly CTC). If you bought this when you joined the Wheelers last year, the insurance will end on the anniversary of the date that the insurance started (up to two months after your membership started). If you bought the insurance when you renewed your membership last year, it will end on 31 March. In either case, Cycling UK will contact you directly about renewing the insurance; you can’t renew it when you renew your membership.

If you want to renew your membership (and I hope you do), and you would like to do it online, please do so under either:
• 'Renew your membership (you already have third party insurance)', or
• 'Renew your membership if you bought third party insurance with Cycling UK last year'.

If you're under 18, or want to include anyone under 18 in your family membership group, please use the paper application form this year. That's because we need to see and keep a copy of the declaration signed by the parent or guardian of any member under 18.
Chris C

Re: Membership renewals 2017

Postby Dan Henson » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:16 pm

Chris , the options have changed since I renewed a couple of weeks ago. As I didn't want to renew my British Cycling membership I paid the £39 for a new membership with the clubs insurance , is this going to be a problem ?
Dan Henson

Postby dharbott » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:35 pm

Hi Dan,

That's fine - you've effectively started a new MW 'subscription' here (correctly).
But note that in following years your CUK annual fees will be requested by CUK directly.
David Harbottle
dharbott

Postby Brian Evans » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:25 pm

Just renewed mine. Maybe its me, but couldn't get it to work with MS Edge Browser. Used Internet Explorer instead. Looking forward to another year of great riding with the Club :cheers: :-D :cheers:
Brian Evans

Postby dharbott » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:03 am

Hi Brian,

There are many possible reasons why you had trouble accessing webcollect from your system.

Webcollect use the industry standard https protocol:
https://webcollect.org.uk/help-topic/wh ... ages-https

It's most likely a configuration issue at your end. But you found a solution for yourself anyway...
David Harbottle
dharbott

Return to General