Forum

Hopley House Cafe, Wimboldsley

General Macclesfield Wheelers related discussion.

Hopley House Cafe, Wimboldsley

Postby Mike Roberts » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:37 pm

It is clear that this former café, visited by many members in the past, has re-opened.
For opening times see its website hopleyhouse.co.uk

However, beware that for the next few weeks the more attractive route, from Middlewich, to it via Warmingham Lane and Forge Mill Lane is 'closed', whilst the Hoggins Brook bridge is repaired. I believe that Mr Higham recently negotiated his way with some difficulty past this obstacle, but I have no personal experience of how advisable this is.

The obvious but not so attractive route is via the A530...
MBobs

AKA Mr Grub Street - whatever that implies!
Mike Roberts

Re: Hopley House Cafe, Wimboldsley

Postby thetrotter » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:40 pm

Mike Roberts wrote:
However, beware that for the next few weeks the more attractive route, from Middlewich, to it via Warmingham Lane and Forge Mill Lane is 'closed', whilst the Hoggins Brook bridge is repaired. I believe that Mr Higham recently negotiated his way with some difficulty past this obstacle, but I have no personal experience of how advisable this is.

You can get round the roadworks quite easily, but you will need to walk. A small price to pay for avoiding the main road and you will have Forge Mill Lane to yourself. :-D
Samuel Pecke : A bald headed buzzard content only in wenching, lying and drinking.
thetrotter

Re: Hopley House Cafe, Wimboldsley

Postby Chris C » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:42 am

The road club run will be going there this Saturday.
Chris C

Return to General