Forum

Call To Arms - Trophies!

General Macclesfield Wheelers related discussion.

Call To Arms - Trophies!

Postby lfcquin » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:49 pm

Mick O'Connor has declared that his trophy organising days are over. We are now looking for a volunteer to help prepare the trophies for distribution at the Club Dinner later this year. Mick is going to put together a brief document outlining what the role entails, but in its basic terms its about gathering in the trophies from the 2014 winners and then arranging for them, plus any medals and plaques to be engraved ahead of the Club Dinner in November. There is probably a bit of polishing in the role description too, because they always look blinging when Mick turns up with them.

So if you can spare some time around October/November and have a passion for shiny metal (and as cyclists which of us doesn't!) then send me a PM and declare your interest please.

Thanks

Chris Quin
lfcquin

Re: Call To Arms - Trophies!

Postby Chris C » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:33 pm

I have stepped up to the plate as Trophy Monitor for a three-year stretch. This is Year One.

If you hold a trophy that you won in 2014, and which you or someone else could win in 2015, please do the following.
• Make sure that it is clean and, if it needs it, polish it. This means make sure that it is clean and, if it needs it, polish it.
• Take it to Olympus Trophies, 40 Duke Street, Macclesfield, SK11 6UR before 1pm on 14 November 2015 AD. Opening hours 9-5 Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri; 9-1 Wed, Sat. Tel 01625 614696.
• PM me, email me, or tell me in person that you have done this.

Thank you.
Chris C

Postby roger j wrenn » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:05 pm

Just been for a jar of elbow grease will get Arlene on the job
Cheers
  Roger
form is temporary
class is permanent
roger j wrenn
Forum Moderator

Postby Chris C » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:13 pm

Chris C wrote:If you hold a trophy that you won in 2014, and which you or someone else could win in 2015, please do the following.
• Make sure that it is clean and, if it needs it, polish it. This means make sure that it is clean and, if it needs it, polish it.
• Take it to Olympus Trophies, 40 Duke Street, Macclesfield, SK11 6UR before 1pm on 14 November 2015 AD. Opening hours 9-5 Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri; 9-1 Wed, Sat. Tel 01625 614696.
• PM me, email me, or tell me in person that you have done this.

Thank you.

POLITE REMINDER
Chris C

Postby Chris C » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:32 am

REMINDER

Don't forget. All trophies awarded to 2014 winners need to be polished and back at Olympus Trophies by 1.00 pm this Saturday please. Olympus won't start engraving until they have the lot, so please do not risk the club having an awards table bereft of trophies at the awards dinner on 28 Nov (mind you, it'd make my job easier).
Chris C

Postby Chris C » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:41 am

Geoff Stevenson Freewheel Trophy Amnesty

I am assured that we ran this popular competition last year, and indeed I seem to recall my usual pathetic effort, but neither the then defending champion (Cath) nor our esteemed then newly minted club runs leader, Saturday department, normal pace (Simon) can recall in the excitment of the moment exactly who claimed the hallowed prize.

Who won it? Did you receive the trophy?

Chris C
Trophy Monitor to the Wheelers (Year 1 of 3 and counting)
Chris C

Postby Chris C » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:06 pm

Geoff Stevenson Freewheel Trophy Amnesty

Answer: house to house enquiries have revealed that the trophy is at Olympus (the shop not the mountain) and forensic examination of its surface have revealed the strange encryption 'B Renshaw'. The precise identity of this shadowy freewheeler will have to remain the focus of further investigation.
Chris C

Postby Chris C » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:31 pm

Well done everyone - all trophies delivered to Olympus by the deadline. Thank you.

:cheers:
Chris C

Return to General