Forum

30th August to Grindleford.

Club runs discussion

30th August to Grindleford.

Postby Simon Galgut » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:15 pm

Nice warm, sunny ride with the wind behind out to Grindleford somewhat spoiled at the end. Nasty slow ride into the wind home, made worse by the rain and mist over the Cat and Fiddle.

Got home at 19:50 and missed the first 20 minutes of Dr Who :( :( THIS WILL NOT DO.

GWS Mochit
Simon Galgut

Re: 30th August to Grindleford.

Postby ecclespike » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:49 pm

Very nasty and slow for me as, for some perverse reason, I went back via Gt Longstone, Ashford, Kirkdale (Sheldon) the Peak Grimpeurs will know this one and Monyash. Got caught on Axe edge by the masters of the universe including injured Cath who was being shepherded home by Paul. :mrgreen:
Purgamentum init, exit purgamentum.
ecclespike

Postby mochit » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:03 pm

Injuries held up on the way home and much kudos to Paul who pushed me up Millers Dale!!
Got soaked coming over the Cat it was freezing - got home 18:45pm, now feeling better after shower, savlon and ibuprofen....and a prosecco! lucky nothing broken, wounds not deep but still bleeding, could have been much worse :afro:
mochit

Postby dharbott » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:21 pm

Spectacular tumble Cath, glad you're Okay.
A miserable ride back when the rain started - 3 pints of Timothy Taylors made it all worthwhile.
David Harbottle
dharbott

Postby thetrotter » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:03 pm

ecclespike wrote:Very nasty and slow for me as, for some perverse reason, I went back via Gt Longstone, Ashford, Kirkdale (Sheldon) the Peak Grimpeurs will know this one and Monyash. Got caught on Axe edge by the masters of the universe including injured Cath who was being shepherded home by Paul. :mrgreen:

Know the Sheldon climb well : nasty at the best of times and even worse into a headwind.
Samuel Pecke : A bald headed buzzard content only in wenching, lying and drinking.
thetrotter

Postby Mike Roberts » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:47 pm

Kirkdale. Hhhmmm. No shame in walking. A Peak Grimpeur regular!
MBobs

AKA Mr Grub Street - whatever that implies!
Mike Roberts

Return to Club runs