Forum

making a comeback

Club runs discussion

making a comeback

Postby alecstilleyedye » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:46 pm

Not quite in the same league as Status Quo, but this Saturday I will make my return to the club run.

Since my crash a year to the day (knocked off by an unsignalled right turn across my path by a BMW, totalling my beloved black 531 frame) i have not ridden very much, and the job in Sheffield is an impossible commute (although doing the last 10 miles is doable, if requiring far more organisation than ideal).

I've got a nice new bike on order (carbon, and campag equipped); the familiar red Carrera will be out with some mudguards in its new winter bike role, and I'll be looking to shed the rather too many extra pounds that such idleness and ease of access to biscuits at work has caused over the course of the coming months.

look forward to seeing a few friendly faces this Saturday…
alecstilleyedye

Re: making a comeback

Postby thetrotter » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:02 am

All together now: "Whatever you want, whatever you like........" Welcome back. Looks like it might be a wet one. :shock:
Samuel Pecke : A bald headed buzzard content only in wenching, lying and drinking.
thetrotter

Postby ecclespike » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:10 pm

We shall be delighted to welcome you back to the plodders group Huw. I trust Mr Higham will be leading a bunch of hard riders to the café at Delamere 8)
Purgamentum init, exit purgamentum.
ecclespike

Postby thetrotter » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:11 pm

'Fraid not. Going to see Albert Lee that evening and meant (weather permitting) to be riding the TLI National Championships the next day. So the Hardriders will have to do without my moderating influence 8)
Samuel Pecke : A bald headed buzzard content only in wenching, lying and drinking.
thetrotter

Postby thetrotter » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:57 pm

For those who have asked, it's Albert Lee as in Eric Clapton's and Emmylou Harris's bands (plus the Everly Brothers) as opposed to Alvin Lee (Ten Years After) or Arthur Lee (Love). Indeed the latter two are Rocking on Heavens Door 8)
thetrotter

Postby chrissy2k » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:05 pm

Exactly a year ago yesterday since a taxi driver decided to try to kill me too.
Still fighting for justice even though I am the innocent party and the driver has admitted liability
Good luck with your comeback Alex, just get out there and keep chipping away at it
It takes time and guts to get back but don't give up
Life is good
chrissy2k

Postby alecstilleyedye » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:39 pm

Who's your solicitor? Local solicitors jobling gowler (ask for David Mercer) did a sterling job and, although it took a while (nearly a year), got me a decent payout with no haggling other than over the value of the bike.
alecstilleyedye

Return to Club runs