Forum

2 Marina cafe ride

Club runs discussion

2 Marina cafe ride

Postby jjackson » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:56 pm

A very wet ride visiting Marinas with cafes. We passed the Aqueduct Marina near Church Minshall, then to the Venetian Marina. Disaster it was closed until the 12 October. Retraced 4 miles to the Aqueduct Marina. Arrived to find it looking closed and a note in the window "Closed at 4pm today due to a private function". As it was only 3:50 we asked if they were still open. No meals but tea and cake :-D :coffee2: Simon ordered his normal 2 or 3 cakes, cappuccino and a diet coke. The lady serving asked if it was all for him!!
jjackson
Site Admin

Re: 2 Marina cafe ride

Postby Chris C » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:38 pm

jjackson wrote:Simon ordered his normal 2 or 3 cakes, cappuccino and a diet coke. The lady serving asked if it was all for him!!

I thought we were a long way from civilisation, and this proves it. Clearly the cafe proprietors live simple country lives, cut off from the real world. Otherwise news of the famous cake eating Congleton cyclist would surely have reached even this remote outpost.

Instead of indulging in the frenzy of media consumption that I believe is 'de rigeur' in metropolitan Macclesfield, the cafe folk are clearly able to spend their time more productively in cleaning their establishment until it sparkles and working on supply chain efficiencies that enable them to offer a most acceptable flapjack for only £1.50. Actually mine was so acceptable that, not only did I go back for a second, but even the normally abstemious Mr Higham followed me back to the counter to claim the last one.

Fortunately this slowed him down a little and enabled me to sit on his wheel for a bit longer during a high speed tow he kindly gave me back to Gawsworth in time for me to recover enough to get to a Ceilidh for 7.00pm. Two flapjacks and stripping the willow on the same day: oh the dizzy life I lead!
Chris C

Re: 2 Marina cafe ride

Postby thetrotter » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:19 pm

Yep, the flapjack was a mistake on top of a piece of very rich fruit cake. Nice cafe though.
Samuel Pecke : A bald headed buzzard content only in wenching, lying and drinking.
thetrotter

Return to Club runs