Forum

Plodders ride to Longnor

Club runs discussion

Plodders ride to Longnor

Postby ecclespike » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:29 pm

Details of todays very pleasant ride which included a walk, for me anyway, and an adrenalin fueled surge onto the Morridge courtesy of a very angry, but fortunately old and fat, Doberman. 8)

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/97907790
Purgamentum init, exit purgamentum.
ecclespike

Re: Plodders ride to Longnor

Postby mochit » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:08 pm

Glad that we didn't follow then, Pegoretti and brand new White Sidis don't go with walking and dobermans, they're meant for road riding which is what we did instead......meerbrook, roaches.....ice-cream.... flash, axe edge etc 40 miles and no cafe stop. Let me know if we're going off-road next week and I'll bring my mountain bike! :roll:
mochit

Postby ecclespike » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:16 pm

No mountain bikes needed but Louis Vuitton and Giorgio Armani accessories will be compulsary :mrgreen:
Purgamentum init, exit purgamentum.
ecclespike

Postby thetrotter » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:01 am

mochit wrote:Glad that we didn't follow then, Pegoretti and brand new White Sidis don't go with walking and dobermans, they're meant for road riding which is what we did instead......meerbrook, roaches.....ice-cream.... flash, axe edge etc 40 miles and no cafe stop. Let me know if we're going off-road next week and I'll bring my mountain bike! :roll:

Should have come on the Pensioner's ride instead: no off road and plenty of lovely views (if you were able to tear your gaze away from the wheel in front) 8)
Samuel Pecke : A bald headed buzzard content only in wenching, lying and drinking.
thetrotter

Postby petemcg » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:01 pm

We had a great ride lead by Dave Higham. Fozzie said 42 miles to the cafe and we did it at a respectable speed.

On the way home we put in an extra loop as we thought we'd be back at the pub too early, Brian Renshaw just went to the pub!.

Well done to Ben Lucas and Harry Shakleton who at 16 and 15 respepectively rode extremely well.

Can someone please introduce Harry to beer and women though as he's killing us all!!

Pete Chairio :afro:
petemcg

Postby mochit » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:44 pm

Beer and Women!..........I don't think that will have a detrimental effect on their performance, it only affects pensioners! ..... I would avoid the beer though. I'll be watching Andy Schleck tomorrow so I'll have to do my bike ride in the morning - MTB likely....have fun in Cheddleton :)
mochit

Postby thetrotter » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:27 am

mochit wrote:Beer and Women........ it only affects pensioners!

Chance would be a fine thing :(
Samuel Pecke : A bald headed buzzard content only in wenching, lying and drinking.
thetrotter

Return to Club runs