Forum

Is John Jackson bionic?

Club runs discussion

Is John Jackson bionic?

Postby Chris C » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:35 pm

Just how many John Jacksons are there in circulation? John Jackson 1 was seen shepherding the Saturday Club Run’s non-racing group home over the Cat at late as nearly 6pm on Saturday. Just hours later, too soon by far for any ordinary man to have rested properly, at 8.50am on Sunday, his doppelganger was spotted leading a misnamed ‘Easy’ ride out of Macclesfield towards Hartington.

It’s great that the club has invested in so many John Jacksons. Indeed, I expect that spotting variants of this hardy perennial will soon overtake Stobart spotting as a favoured pastime amongst juniors imprisoned in summer traffic jams.
Chris C

Re: Is John Jackson bionic?

Postby ecclespike » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:41 pm

Have you not seen "The boys from Brazil" Chris?
Purgamentum init, exit purgamentum.
ecclespike

Postby thetrotter » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:57 pm

ecclespike wrote:Have you not seen "The boys from Brazil" Chris?

Don't come near me with a dental drill :shock:
Samuel Pecke : A bald headed buzzard content only in wenching, lying and drinking.
thetrotter

Postby ecclespike » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:06 pm

thetrotter wrote:Don't come near me with a dental drill :shock:

It is safe? :twisted:
Purgamentum init, exit purgamentum.
ecclespike

Postby admin » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:51 pm

Chris Cottom wrote: Indeed, I expect that spotting variants of this hardy perennial will soon overtake Stobart spotting as a favoured pastime amongst juniors imprisoned in summer traffic jams.

A John Jackson on wheelers kit was spotted in Alderley Edge at 7am on Friday morning. A few hours later another one was spotted ascending Saddleworth, followed by sightings in Holmeforth and Askern he was last seen in Brough. Another John Jackson was spotted disguised in a yellow waterproof riding into a strong head wind crossing the Humber bridge. More sightings followed in Gainsborough and Wragby with reports of sonic booms or possibly thunder as he passed. As darkness fell our Russian spy lost him near the Boston Stump. Unconfirmed reports of a rider with bow legs and a hub dynamo were reported at Colsterworth and Melton Mowbray. The John Jackson in Wheelers kit was spotted near East Midlands airport eating breakfast at 6:30. Our spy tracked him via Stone and Hodnet to a Lynn's Raven cafe at Prees. The yellow waterproof John Jackson was spotted at Church Minshall before disappearing again. Richard Allingham confirmed was chatting to a John Jackson but in wheelers kit in Alderley Edge ar around 5;30pm when the real John Jackson should have been on returning from the Longnor club run.
Our top Audax rider Mr JP identified the route as the Holl and back 600km which he had completed a few weeks earlier. All the sightings must have been false a John Jackson led the easy ride at 10:30 on Sunday morning. When Pete chairo asked this John Jackson why he had not been on the club run on the previous day he changed back into the yellow version like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde and rode off into the rain with dynamo lights on whistling "Over the hills and far away"
Sightings :-
admin
Site Admin

Postby JohnP » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:10 am

Truely Audacious.
:salut:
Me transmitte sursum, Caledoni!
JohnP

Postby petemcg » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:51 am

Truly mad!

John was with us for a sunday morning easy ride, he didn't break into a sweat and his heart rate didn't get over 65 bpm. :lol:
petemcg

Postby Chris C » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:49 pm

Cynics may wonder why the chairman of one of the UK’s biggest cycling clubs would be riding a Sunday easy ride. I’d be the first to denounce such churlish disparagement by reminding them that election to the Club’s higher executive positions remains more a function of considered statesmanship than displays of burning the legs off lesser mortals. Nevertheless, we can rejoice that in the present incumbent we have such a fine exponent of both these attributes of 21st century cycle club leadership.
:salut:
Chris C

Postby petemcg » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:51 pm

It's really good when Chris Cottam comments about you but... you're left never really knowing whether he's taking the mick or is deadly serious! :lol:
petemcg

Postby NickC » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:15 am

Indeed - now that I have an incomprehensible response from Chris Cottom to one of my posts, I feel my life is complete.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1890

nickc
NickC

Return to Club runs