Forum

CLUB RUN 16/01/10

Club runs discussion

CLUB RUN 16/01/10

Postby FREEWHEEL » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:30 pm

great run bit wet in places ecclespikes blistering pace at the start saw half the riders get left behind,red house for cake plus jamie gave us a good hiding on the way home !!
FREEWHEEL

Re: CLUB RUN 16/01/10

Postby AlexTaylor » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:31 pm

I set off from Holmes Chap for a lonely ride and within 5 mins, by utter luck, I bumped into the renegades at Cranage so joined up with them!

By the time we got to the Lavender Cafe, it was shut. They went to Dunham Massey and I carried on...
@NapD
AlexTaylor

Postby roger j wrenn » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:58 pm

glad you enjoyed the company Alex
we ended up in the Cafe in a Olde Barn at Dunham Massey excellent selection of cakes
not to highly priced.
So what about the ride leaders who fell way below the mark in the basic principles of leadership,
when they didn't have the courtesy to let the group get together, as 6 riders got held up trying to get out on to Oxford Road. So that by the time we got to Chester Road RAB they had vanished. Although we went in the right direction up Victoria Road they were out of sight and had not bothered to wait or check.
Cheers
  Roger
form is temporary
class is permanent
roger j wrenn
Forum Moderator

Postby roger j wrenn » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

FREEWHEEL wrote:great run bit wet in places ecclespikes blistering pace at the start saw half the riders get left behind,red house for cake plus jamie gave us a good hiding on the way home !!

So that's good is it !!! you didn't think to say hang on a minute
if you want to race get a number on your back !!!
don't rip up a club run,
Cheers
  Roger
form is temporary
class is permanent
roger j wrenn
Forum Moderator

Postby Simon Galgut » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:39 pm

Sorry, Rog. We waited at Whirley Road? , but were given some dodgy info from a straggler that you had all gone some where else (or home because it was a little damp). We ended up at the Red House Farm in the end.
Simon Galgut

Postby alecstilleyedye » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:52 am

quite pleased with my comeback performance, although i was on my arse for the last 10 miles or so with only some haribo happy colas getting me through Alderley Edge.
Finally dropped off the back for good somewhere in Mottram…
alecstilleyedye

Postby FREEWHEEL » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:47 am

As simon says roger because the pace split the group we waited at Whirley road only to be told that you had turned back because of the bad weather. Sorry if your upset we didn't intend to leave you behind we had just been given the wrong info .
FREEWHEEL

Postby roger j wrenn » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:56 am

Simon Galgut wrote:Sorry, Rog. We waited at Whirley Road? , but were given some dodgy info from a straggler that you had all gone some where else (or home because it was a little damp). We ended up at the Red House Farm in the end.

Ok, forgiven no. Not gone home but initially went the wrong way because couldn't see anyone,then retraced up Victoria Road picking up Dave Harbottle who was lost and like us had extreme difficulty getting out on to Oxford Road cos of the traffic.
Cheers
  Roger
form is temporary
class is permanent
roger j wrenn
Forum Moderator

Postby jjackson » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:01 am

I will be out next week attempting to keep everyone together.
jjackson
Site Admin

Postby ecclespike » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:36 pm

roger j wrenn wrote:So what about the ride leaders who fell way below the mark in the basic principles of leadership, when they didn't have the courtesy to let the group get together, as 6 riders got held up trying to get out on to Oxford Road. So that by the time we got to Chester Road RAB they had vanished. Although we went in the right direction up Victoria Road they were out of sight and had not bothered to wait or check.

I will not accept lectures on "the basic principles of leadership" from someone who cannot be bothered to appraise himself of the facts before casting aspersions on fellow club members.

Fact; we did wait a considerable time at Whirley Road
Fact; we were constantly checking along Victoria Road, hence the reason we stopped and waited.
Fact; we were told that you had decided to either turn back or go your own route.

As for ripping up the club run, the day I am fit enough to do that is the day I will put a number on my back.
Purgamentum init, exit purgamentum.
ecclespike

Postby roger j wrenn » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:25 pm

Basic Principles, check at the junctions
In a previous post it mentions "Ecclespike's Blistering pace" did take it with a pince of salt though. :shock:
We were no more than 2 mins behind, you had made a turn and were out of sight.
By the time we had gathered up the group some had gone up Chester Road some down Coare St it was 5 or 10 minutes. Made our way to Dunham Massey up Birtles Road had a cracking ride, great cafe, good laughc.. did 60 miles went to the pub. What more do you want ! :lol:
CU next week Jim, keep up the speed training
Cheers
  Roger
form is temporary
class is permanent
roger j wrenn
Forum Moderator

Postby admin » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:13 pm

Handbags away, topic now closed. Your regular runs leader will be out next week to look after all riders.
Please note:-
  • Easy on means slow until the "all up" is given. it does not mean 1/2 mph off for 30 seconds
  • Hang on means stop and wait for all riders (no pottering on).
PS Riders who do not know left from right should invest in gloves with L and R embroidered on them :-D
admin
Site Admin

Postby alecstilleyedye » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:23 pm

admin wrote:PS Riders who do not know left from right should invest in gloves with L and R embroidered on them :-D

can you order me some in club colours? :oops:
alecstilleyedye

Postby FREEWHEEL » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:31 am

wheelers gloves only come in the left hand version
FREEWHEEL

Postby NickC » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:31 pm

OK I know John said topic closed but i would like to turn this around and say being in the 'tail end group' on Saturday made me appreciate the role of the ride leader!

we got split up: John waits and checks and goes back sometimes to keep the group together
we couldnt find the cafe: John never ever gets lost (well...hardly ever)
when we got there it was shut: John phones ahead and checks
in our alternative cafe we had to check with bank managers before buying cake: the choice of usual cafes takes this into account.

so i say all praise to the unsung hero, the ride leader!
NickC

Return to Club runs