Forum

25 mile TT event held on Tuesday 24 June

Time Trials discussion (Club and Open)

25 mile TT event held on Tuesday 24 June

Postby admin » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:56 pm

This weeks time trial is a 25 mile event.
The event will be on TUESDAY 24 June on course J2/4 meet Bollington Lane, Monks Heath map at 7:00pm. for a 7:15pm start.
admin
Site Admin

Re: 25 mile TT event held on Tuesday 24 June

Postby carole » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:05 pm

First time I have riden this course and thought it was great, a welcome relief from having to ride the bumps of Seven Sisters Lane twice. Its a shame that this course isn't used more often for events.
I'd also like to say thank you to the marshalls and timekeepers who had to stand out in the rain - I hate cycling in the rain, but think I got the better deal this time
carole

Postby thetrotter » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:39 pm

carole wrote:First time I have riden this course and thought it was great, a welcome relief from having to ride the bumps of Seven Sisters Lane twice. Its a shame that this course isn't used more often for events.

Have often wondered this myself. I assume that it is something to do with the lack of a nearby HQ and the fact that you encounter Chelford Island three times but I'm sure that someone has a definitive answer. Not sure how it compares with J2/9 speedwise - IMO the latter has an easier start and finish but you do have to climb Badger Bank twice. Anybody got a view?
Samuel Pecke : A bald headed buzzard content only in wenching, lying and drinking.
thetrotter

Postby jjackson » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:15 pm

J2/4 is approved for Club Events only.
Results :- http://www.macclesfieldwheelers.org.uk/results2008.php
jjackson
Site Admin

Re: This Week TT is a 25 mile event on Tuesday

Postby carole » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:01 pm

With regard to how this course compares, I suppose a lot depends on Chelford roundabout. But personally i think its a bit quicker if this is clear, as I only missed my J2/9 PB by 12 seconds and had done a 10TT on Monday night (or maybe I was just desperate to get out of the rain!). Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?
carole

Postby John Bags » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:12 pm

Not sure on the course comparison speed wise but alot of people seem to go faster in the rain!!
As you say it's probably a case of a bit less friction from the tyres and wanting to get undercover ASAP

John
John Baguley
John Bags

Postby thetrotter » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:36 pm

jjackson wrote:J2/4 is approved for Club Events only.

But why just for club events - is it because of the lack of a nearby HQ, traffic counts, Chelford Island or something else?
Samuel Pecke : A bald headed buzzard content only in wenching, lying and drinking.
thetrotter

Postby jjackson » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:23 pm

thetrotter wrote:But why just for club events - is it because of the lack of a nearby HQ, traffic counts, Chelford Island or something else?

I believe it is traffic flow at Chelford Island. A full field on J2/4 would result in riders approaching Chelford island from 3 directions
jjackson
Site Admin

Postby thetrotter » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:48 am

jjackson wrote: I believe it is traffic flow at Chelford Island. A full field on J2/4 would result in riders approaching Chelford island from 3 directions

Thanks John. Hadn't thought about it in those terms. All the flow on J2/9 is in the same direction. :salut:
thetrotter

Return to Time Trials