Forum

BTTC SUNDAY

Time Trials discussion (Club and Open)

BTTC SUNDAY

Postby thetrotter » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:24 pm

Good picture of Roger here:

http://www.sarahbrookephotography.co.uk ... 88600.html

Just about dried off from the rain in the afternoon which made things exciting on our corner. Only one rider actually fell but there are several other near misses including Rebecca Romeo in the ladies event.

Interesting that the fastest riders (eg Millar, Hutchinson, McIntyre and Wendy H) were taking it easy on the bends: it was the slower riders who were taking risks.  Hutch looked to be having a bad day/not interested and got caught by Millar on Sandy Lane.  McIntyre looked comfortable and was slightly up on Millar before his puncture (or did he fall?).  Lots of riders not wearing helmets (despite the start sheet saying they should) and, I understand, several disqualifications as a result.  Also seemed to be a fair number of following cars.

Wonder how standing in Holmes Chapel Leisure Centre on a wet Sunday afternoon compares with the TdF podium?
thetrotter

Postby roger j wrenn » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:52 pm

Thanks for the link Dave, and to all the club members for the shouts of encouragement . Was a very tricky course and a blessing that the marshals on the corners were actually waving you through so you  were  able to retain a bit of your speed thro the corners
The seniors got the worst weather and as you say Hutch was very cautious on the corners.
J. Mac punctured but he was riding Olympic B tubs which are as light as you can get and only for indoor track use. Not wet and gritty Cheshire lanes. About £110 each. Wondered why Rebeca R was so far back !
Yes a bit inconsistent with the helmet rule and a marshal was trying to get Matt Brammeier disq for going over the white line but everybody did it somewhere you had to to get round. :roll:  :roll:
Cheers
  Roger
form is temporary
class is permanent
roger j wrenn
Forum Moderator

BTT Champ

Postby Mike Roberts » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:40 am

Dave
Did you hear if the female who was chopped on the Sandy Lane corner made a complaint? The bloke concerned should be made a eunuch.
MBobs
MBobs

AKA Mr Grub Street - whatever that implies!
Mike Roberts

Postby thetrotter » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:56 pm

Steady on Mike, you'll be giving British Cycling ideas for new forms of punishment!  Don't know whether she made a complaint but she would have been well within her rights to do so.  It was an aggressive and unnecessary piece of riding.  Had he done it to me he would never have got round the corner in one piece.  I hope that the young lady in question has a large boyfriend who gave him a good slap.
thetrotter

Postby Elaine » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:58 pm

What did he do that was so dreadful?
cheers

Elaine
Elaine
Forum Moderator

Postby roger j wrenn » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:18 pm

Mike,  Elaine asked you a question
what did he do
going into or coming out
nutter on either turn they were both dodgy with the surface alone !!
:x  :x
Cheers
  Roger
form is temporary
class is permanent
roger j wrenn
Forum Moderator

Postby thetrotter » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:25 pm

He overtook on the outside turning into Sandy Lane and clipped the apex of the curve forcing the girl to brake and take her foot out to avoid hitting him and coming off.  To be fair, I think that that he shouted a warning but even in a road race it would have been a dangerous piece of riding and in a time trial in the wet it was unnecessary and dangerous (probably saving a couple of seconds max).
thetrotter

BTTC SUNDAY

Postby Mike Roberts » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:57 pm

Glad it wasn't my spelling that was the concern. :shock:
I almost resorted to saying destroying his manlihood but feared that was unsuitable for a family website!
It was a wonder the lady in question didn't fall off. It wouldn't have surprised me at all, so close did the male rider come to entangling with her handlebars.
MBobs
MBobs

AKA Mr Grub Street - whatever that implies!
Mike Roberts

Return to Time Trials