2015 Club event dates

Time Trials discussion (Club and Open)

2015 Club event dates

Postby jjackson » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:29 pm

jjackson
Site Admin

Time trials.

Postby andyjak » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:28 pm

So.......the time trialling season is not far away. The dates of the evening club 10's have been posted. Future participants should be getting on with their training! This year is a bit different from other years.Why? Some people may not be aware but the club changed the rules for the B.A.R. trophy at the last A.G.M. It now involves 10, 25, and 50 mile T.T's only. This is meant to get more people involved in competing for the BAR trophy. Although I was opposed to the change,democracy ruled that it happened. So, what I hope is going to happen is that more people do indeed compete. Time trialling has ' gone off ' in the club over recent years, to the point where Congleton beat us in the inter-club 25's! Therefore I am urging people to train for attempting to compete in the club BAR and regain some of our former glory! In all seriousness, if you can manage to 'peak' in time to enter a 10,25 and a 50 within the space of a couple of weeks....you can have it won! Simples! No excuses now....There's no lying in the ' race of truth ' :thumleft:
andyjak

Re: 2015 Club event dates

Postby Chris C » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:01 pm

Is the BAR trophy awarded to the most consistent 'performer' in the post club run sessions held, I understand, in something called 'the pub' (believed to be the Old Ship Inn, Beech Lane) or is BAR code (that's BAR code, not barcode) for some arcane Wheeler-speak?

Beyond All Repair?
Buy A Rum?
Bright, Alert and Responsive?
Best Available Rate?
Bobcats Assume Responsibility?
Beware Alcohol Roger?

I think we should be told.
Chris C

Re: 2015 Club event dates

Postby andyjak » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:09 pm

Dear Chris, what does it matter what it means! You won't put a number on your back regardless! Lol.(Best all rounder -Philistine!)
andyjak

Return to Time Trials