Forum

M&D TTA 100

Time Trials discussion (Club and Open)

M&D TTA 100

Postby thetrotter » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:23 pm

Steve Jackson and I rode the 100 on J4/18 earlier today. All credit to the District for devising such a local course but it is very, very hard with a finishing circuit that includes two climbs of Swettenham and Siddington Banks. Steve handed me a lesson in how to ride a 100 with an excellent 4.26.55 whilst I struggled to a 4.31.07 in my first 100 for 21 years. I think that I may have got the desire to ride another out of my system. Thanks to Claire, Roger and to the several other club members who shouted encouragement.
Samuel Pecke : A bald headed buzzard content only in wenching, lying and drinking.
thetrotter

Re: M&D TTA 100

Postby roger j wrenn » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:23 pm

I think that I may have got the desire to ride another out of my system.
that's called wimping out Dave !! Mind 50 was bad enough for me, don't think I could have managed the 100 even if I wore 2 pairs of Arlene's knickers !!!to keep my tackle under control. :oops: :oops:
Was suprised how well that girl at no.2 went,
only a few minutes behind you
Cheers
  Roger
form is temporary
class is permanent
roger j wrenn
Forum Moderator

Re: M&D TTA 100

Postby thetrotter » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:41 pm

roger j wrenn wrote:
Was suprised how well that girl at no.2 went,
only a few minutes behind you

Thanks for that encouragement, Roger!! I had caught her for 34 minutes at the time but it was a struggle to get past her up Siddington Bank on the first finishing circuit:oops: But by that stage I has ceased to care about anything :(
Samuel Pecke : A bald headed buzzard content only in wenching, lying and drinking.
thetrotter

Return to Time Trials