Forum

Ralph Walker Coffee afternoon

Social Events

Ralph Walker Coffee afternoon

Postby admin » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:25 am

From Ralph Walker's daughter:-

I know Dad is really missing seeing you all, and especially tackling the hills. I know it is a little last minute, but Dad is having major surgery next month, so my daughters and I have decided to hold a coffee afternoon on the 29/9/2012 (Saturday) 2pm - 4:30pm in support of Macmillan. I thought it would be lovely if any of you happen to be passing the Scout Hut, Altrincham Road, Wilmslow on this day, and would like to surprise Dad and have a coffee and a cake and chat with him.
Dad of course has no idea of this, but if you could be there I think it would put a smile on his face!!! Please bear in mind if you can come and Dad forgets your name or indeed your face it is sadly that his memory is not fantastic.

Many Thanks
Ardaal

The Scout hut directions

From Wilmslow town centre take Altrincham Road towards the airport tunnels. Pass the Fire station on your left. Just after Buckingham Road there is a Pelican crossing turn right immediately after the crossing into the Carnival field (track) Just before the actual field follow track left to Scout Hut.

PS At least one group of Road riders on Saturday will be calling in on the ride. Start 1pm from Fermain
map
admin
Site Admin

Re: Ralph Walker Coffee afternoon

Postby JohnB » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:52 pm

BB2 and myself called in to see Ralph, apparently we just missed the club ride which had left only minutes before. Ralph was pleased to see everyone and has promised to keep in touch and report on his progress.
JohnB

Postby admin » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:18 pm

From Ardaal (Ralphs daughter)

Just a little note to thank yourself and the other Wheelers for coming to our little gathering. We had a very successful day, and £391.87 has today been sent to Macmillan.
Dad was absolutely taken aback to see The Wheelers, and they all made him a very happy man. It was so lovely to see Stan on his feet and he made a tremendous effort to get there.
I know your huge contribution of cakes went down very well with the Wheelers, and stood them in good stead for their onward journey.
I have a couple of gifts here from the raffle for two of the Wheelers:

The winners are: John Bethell and Mike Roberts.

Again many thanks to you all
RW_1549.JPG
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:20 pm

From Ardaal (Ralphs daughter)
Dad is hopefully having his operation on the 13th November. Sadly the cancer has spread nearest to the blood vessel wall. Dad is still upbeat and happy and has faith in his surgeon.
He is desperately wanting to drive his car, and feels a little trapped at the moment. I am trying to get him out as much as I can, but as you know Dad can't keep still.
Thank you to all of you for attending the coffee morning, you really did make Dad's day.
Ardaal
admin
Site Admin

Return to Social