Forum

Saturday Social 19th December

Old posts

Saturday Social 19th December

Postby petemcg » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:10 am

There seems to be confusion about where the rides are finishing on Saturday 19th December for our social evening.

The Calender and runs list that were published a couple of months ago have us at the Dunstan, but now I hear it has been changed to the Kings Head Gurnett, at last Saturdays ride.

Potentially this means that anyone not at last Saturdays ride (like me) won't know where we're going to. Likewise anyone not looking at this forum or the website between now and Saturday won't know either.

I can appreciate that the members may wish to change the venue but at only 5 days notice!!!

Can we have clarification from whoever decided to make the change so that John Jackson can get it onto the website. He's also offered to email everyone from the club he has on his list to let them know where the venue is to be.

The Kings Head does food, at the Dunstan we have to order in takeaway as we've done for the last 6 or 7 years.

If it's the Kings Head, I hope Marcus can cope with the numbers. He didn't manage to do it for my 50th birthday and some of my party were declined food orders as they couldn't manage! Including me.

Urgent comments please!

Pete Chairio
petemcg

Re: Saturday Social 19th December

Postby Chris C » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:33 pm

For the attention of The Moderator.
The writer of the last post must surely be an impostor, whose lackadaisical use of statistical information has given him away. The youthful figure that I have hitherto believed to be our esteemed Mr McChair certainly cannot, as the writer claims, have already celebrated his 50th birthday. Clearly, this happy event must be still several years away. I trust that the Wheelers’ solicitors will immediately counter this vicious calumny with a robust denial and a seasonal writ for libel.
Chris C

Postby petemcg » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:59 pm

Thanks for that Chris, I'm holding my sides laughing!

Pete Chairio. :oops:
petemcg

Postby mrduck1980 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:39 am

My understanding is that Marcus has been warned as to the numbers arriving for food on Saturday, 10 + have pre ordered their food. I visited the Dunstan a couple of weeks ago completely covered in mud and Richard - whilst serving me a pint after a lengthy delay - kindly requested that I 'take care whilst seating outside' so as not to ruin his lovely upholstery. Kings head for me all the way.....
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
mrduck1980

Postby petemcg » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:02 am

Thanks for that Matt.

It's not the choice that's the problem, it's organising it so that all the club members know.

It could have been done better.

Anyone else got a comment?

If it's the Kings Head then someone needs to let John Jackson know as he'll need to email as many club members as he has addresses for.

Cheers

Pete :santa:
petemcg

Postby admin » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:10 pm

The pre Christmas social will be held at the "Ye Old Kings Head", Byrons Lane, Gurnett, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK11 0HD
:santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:
admin
Site Admin

Return to Archive