Forum

3 Loops Ride - 13 Sept

Old posts

Re: 3 Loops Ride - 13 Sept

Postby jjackson » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:20 pm

Big thank you to John Perrin and family. Tea before the start and home made hot food and cakes after the event. Excellent route sheet and contol cards. Also thanks to the Wesleys and Steve Redwood for manning the controls, Jim Ennis and John P checking the route last week.
:hello1: :hello1: :hello1:
User avatar
jjackson
Site Admin
 
Posts: 899
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:34 pm
Location: Wilmslow

Re: 3 Loops Ride - 13 Sept

Postby JohnP » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:26 am

Thank you John for your comments above. Everything went off more or less to plan and, with the advantage of good weather, it's safe to say that the event was a big success. Considering that Wheelers made up only 22.5% of the (signed on) field its clear that the other 77.5% went home with a very favourable opinion of our club.
This rather low proportion of wheelers was the only negative for me. Anyway we made loads of dosh for Jill 's sponsorship. I don't know if I should name the sum on here but I can tell you its a nice piece of change. Hugh opened a forum thread about the ride on Cyclechat and one of his posters has blogged this ride report . Summarises the day well.
http://redbikes.blogspot.com/
Thanks to all.
Repeat next year.
:salut: :-D :thumleft:
Me transmitte sursum, Caledoni!
User avatar
JohnP
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:58 am
Location: Macclesfield

Re: 3 Loops Ride - 13 Sept

Postby dharbott » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:45 pm

Me and Claire couldn't ride this year due to other committments over the weekend.

Respect to the completers of all 3 loops! (I did 110 miles on the Friday before, and I was on my knees at the end).
David Harbottle
User avatar
dharbott
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:19 pm
Location: Macclesfield on Sea

Re: 3 Loops Ride - 13 Sept

Postby Chris C » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:06 pm

Thank you for organising this John and Team.

I enjoyed it more than I can say.
Chris C
 
Posts: 725
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:45 am
Location: The World

Re: 3 Loops Ride - 13 Sept

Postby alecstilleyedye » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:12 pm

chapeau jayp :salut:
User avatar
alecstilleyedye
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:07 pm
Location: macc

Previous

Return to Archive



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron