Forum

Siddington Road Race

Road & Track racing discussion

Siddington Road Race

Postby petemcg » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:20 am

Hi All.

The club organises the Siddington Road Race which is on Tuesday 15th May at 7pm.

I urgently need marshalls and an experienced road racer who can be one of the lead cars.

John Jackson is taking one lead car so please offer for the other, marshalls are needed at all junctions and pinch points on the course.

One of the most difficult tasks is judging. I'll need volunteers for that too please.

Please get back to me to volunteer either here or through my email petemcguckian@hotmail.co.uk or 07879443797.

Many thanks

Pete Chairio. :salut:

roger j wrenn wrote:I'll will marshal Pete.

dharbott wrote:Count me in for marshal duties.

neilmorris wrote:Pete,
Count me in for marshalling, I'll take some photos too if I can.
Regards,
Neil

Buxton Bleat wrote:Pete the Chario,
Sorry I can't help I will be on holiday. Hope it all goes well.
Marcus

SimonR wrote:Put my name down Pete.
Simon :salut:
petemcg

Re: Siddington Road Race

Postby LANTERN ROUGE » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:00 am

Hi Pete i will marshal.
Regards Nick Thompson.
LANTERN ROUGE

Postby petemcg » Wed May 16, 2012 11:43 am

I cannot thanks our volunteers enough for the brilliant job you all did at the Road Race last night. There were at least 2 marshalls at each marshalling point and on some there were 3, we also managed to have 4 judges lead by Dave Werrel, who did a great job turning out results in record time. Thank you for a fantasic turnout, you did our club proud.

I have today received praise and thanks for the professionalism of our event from Steve Costello, Nigel Harrop, Paul Belfield and Paul Kirman, all who rode, so I want to pass on their thanks to you.

There was a full field for both races, which combined was 80 riders.

Unfortunately there was a crash in race 1, just after the neutralised area bringing down between 5 and 8 riders, most were unhurt but one required medical attention at HQ for cuts and grazes and Steve Burke required hospital treatment for a broken wrist, which I was very sorry to hear.
I've spoken to Steve and he's philosphical about it, road racing does have an added element of danger that you wouldn't usually get in testing.

I'm sure you'll all join with me in wishing Steve a speedy recovery, best wishes Steve.

I've decided that as TLI aren't collecting levies this year that I will donate the levy amount, £80 to East Cheshire Hospice on behalf of Macclesfield Wheelers.

Once again, thanks for your help.

Pete Chairio
petemcg

Postby thetrotter » Wed May 16, 2012 12:31 pm

Absolutely. A real credit to the club. From a rider's point of view the organisation was superb. The combination of the number of marshalls and the motorcycle outriders made for a very safe race. Thanks to everyone who stood out in some pretty miserable conditions. Sorry to hear about Steve.
Samuel Pecke : A bald headed buzzard content only in wenching, lying and drinking.
thetrotter

Postby Pokerface » Wed May 16, 2012 12:55 pm

Just want to say thanks to everyone that helped out marshalling/organizing/start/finish, etc - as usual a well-run and excellent event. Glad so many club members help out so that folks like me can actually race it! Really enjoyed the race and it was excellent prep for some of my massive races coming up!

Colin
Pokerface

Return to Road & Track racing