Forum

Macclesfield Wheelers Supacross/Cyclestore.co.uk

Cyclo Cross

Macclesfield Wheelers Supacross/Cyclestore.co.uk

Postby Buxton Bleat » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:08 pm

Dear All,

Some news regards this years Supacross to be held on 30th December.

It is with great pleasure I can announce that Cyclestore.co.uk will be title sponsor for the Supacross. It's important that our Category A event attracts such sponsors and maintains its high profile in the calendar as a top class race attracting the very best riders.
Cyclestore.co.uk offer a vast range of cycles and gear at very competitive rates via an excellent internet site but do of course also have a very well stocked shop with friendly, plentiful and helpful staff at Congleton Cycle Centre.
As part of the arrangement with cyclestore.co.uk Macclesfield Wheelers members can expect a discount scheme on shop purchases. Watch this space for further news.

Following the fantastic summer of sport there has been an increased interest in competitive cycling and Cyclocross events have so far witnessed much larger fields. Therefore under advice from the NWCCA committee we shall be introducing a Under 10 race to the programme. At Boggart Hole (week before last) there were nearly 80 under 12's which would have made for a chaotic race were they all to start at once! Manchester Wheelers ran an under 12's and under 10's which allowed the more competitive older kids to race without having to swerve around parents pushing their little ones!
So the race programme will be as such with the seniors starting 30mins later.

Youth 11:15
U12 12:00
U10 12:30
S/J/V/W 13:30

In advance I thank you and look forward to your help in running the event no matter how large or small your valued contribution. :salut:
Buxton Bleat

Re: Macclesfield Wheelers Supacross/Cyclestore.co.uk

Postby Buxton Bleat » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:30 pm

Hello Everyone,

The event is getting ever nearer and I kindly ask again that you could lend your support to the Supacross and help maintain it's place as a top class and smoothly run race.

The following is not an exhaustive list and I imagine it will grow as more jobs and roles become apparent.

- We really need some fine cakes for the day for our racers,spectators and hardy helpers ailke. Do you have the necessary skills to knock up a Victoria Sponge, Chocolate cake or Cup cakes etc?? Perhaps it could be a little project for the kids over the holidays? I think we could turn it into a little competion - The Great Macclesfield Wheelers Bake Off! We'll get the race winners to give their verdict and I'll rustle up a prize of some sort. Come on it'll be fun.

- The NWCCA league has enjoyed very large volumes of willing racers and our event will be no different and especially busy I predict. It's on a Sunday and everyone will have had enough food and drink by the 30th.
So we will need some firm but courteous Car Park marshalls to help us get the best use of parking at the end of Poplar Grove and on the grass. This will also be needed in the car park at the Pavillion and someone to ensure no one parks on the grass verges. You won't miss any racing as the majority of people will be parked up well before the start.

When both areas are full cars will need diverting to our overflow carpark - details of which I'll give on the day :wink:
Offers of hel[ cam be emailed to supax@macclesfieldwheelers.org.uk
Bye for now peeps...
Buxton Bleat

Postby roger j wrenn » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:52 am

I will help with the setting up of the track at the bottom end and marshalling throughout the day at the same spot as per usual.
Don't forget to mention :-----

:coffee2: :coffee2: Free tea and cake for all helpers !!!! :coffee2: :coffee2:
Cheers
  Roger
form is temporary
class is permanent
roger j wrenn
Forum Moderator

Postby Buxton Bleat » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:44 pm

Dear Cake makers,

I'm reliably informed by Macc Wheelers very own regular Come Dine With Me aficionado, Matt Lawton, that cakes can be frozen. Thereby allowing you to make at anytime and enjoy the intervening xmas / new year period chilling youself..... :thumleft:
Buxton Bleat

Postby Buxton Bleat » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:35 am

Supacross preview for NWCCA site and general advice regards parking should you get asked by any of our visitors.

http://nwcca.org.uk/2012/12/preview-mac ... #more-1290

Cheers
Buxton Bleat

Postby roger j wrenn » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:10 pm

Just to update on the cakes have a tray of Frozen Brownies personally made by Becky Burns in my freezer as she will be away at Christmas.The favorite of many cyclists !!!
Cheers
  Roger
form is temporary
class is permanent
roger j wrenn
Forum Moderator

Postby MrT » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:13 pm

MrT

Postby roger j wrenn » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:56 am

No updates from Buxton Bleet !!!!!
Wonder is he still suffering from the after effects of
the Christmas Ride and the Kings Head fire water
Last time I saw him at 1am leaving the hostelry
Alex CW was either, linking him or arm wrestling
him as they snaked their way home down Byrons lane
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
  Roger
form is temporary
class is permanent
roger j wrenn
Forum Moderator

Postby Buxton Bleat » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:10 am

Dear Rog,

Alex kindly acted as my guide dog as I was rather blinded by said fire water.

I was in world of pain the following day made worse by having to barrow a transit load of logs down my path. That'll teach me!!

Merry christmas!!!
Buxton Bleat

Postby roger j wrenn » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:41 pm

My thoughts are with you Marcus, It's not a guide dog you need, best get one that can count when it's fetching pints from the bar
Think you own personal Night-nurse should be able to sort you out in time for the Boxing Day ride
Fermain 10:30 Boxing day
Cheers
  Roger
form is temporary
class is permanent
roger j wrenn
Forum Moderator

Postby Mickoc » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:52 am

Marcus,

Will help to take down course after the event. Will also marshal with Roger Wrenn in our usual place aws guardians of the footpath at the bottom end of the course.

El Capitano :salut:
Mickoc

Postby Buxton Bleat » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:08 pm

Cheers Captain.
No sniggering at the unfortunate chap who happens to snap his seat post crossing the path - A la 2 years ago! :lol:
Buxton Bleat

Return to Cyclo Cross