The Tour of Britain organisers have asked if the Macclesfield Wheelers would assist the ToB crew at the Brickworks KoM during stage 3 on 6th September.
Volunteers are required to be on location about an hour before the lead vehicle - so not later than 12:45 and preferably a little earlier if possible.
This should be a great opportunity to get front row "seats" to watch the elite riders come through Cheshire East on Stage 3 of the race.
Examples of duties required of volunteers could involve the following:-
• Assist crew at the Sprint or KoM location to erect and position barriers
• Promote the sales of programmes to the general public
• Distribute sponsor's promotional material to spectators
• Assist in passing out information as required including advising spectators of local facilities
• Report anything dangerous or suspicious to a member of Tour of Britain Staff
• Marshal spectators before and during the race
All 'Club Initiative' Volunteers will receive a Tour of Britain T-shirt and will automatically be entered into a prize draw to win a selection of 'Race Goodies', including Race Jerseys and Merchandise signed by the Pro's. The club will receive a bundle of cycling goodies from the official race sponsors and partners.
A minimum of 10 volunteers are required so if you want to get involved please let me know by sending an email (this way I can provide you with the necessary info) to firstname.lastname@example.org asap!