Forum

Parkinson Memorial Road Race - Sunday 14 August 2016

Club events, open events, challenge rides, sportives, social events etc.

Parkinson Memorial Road Race - Sunday 14 August 2016

Postby Jill Wesley » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:15 pm

Parkinson Memorial Road Race - Sunday 14 August 2016 - helpers required :help:
10am start. 55 miles, Siddington Circuit
HQ: Siddington Village Hall (A34) Cheshire SK11 9JR

With the evening road race being postponed and re-arranged for Thursday 7th July our other road race, The Parkinson, will soon be upon us.

I’m looking for volunteers on Sunday 14 August between 9am until 1pm. We need 3 lead car drivers, marshals, judges, refreshment brewer uppers & cake donations please.

Our nominated charity is Motor Neurone Disease Association.

Please contact me via Facebook, Messenger, PM this forum or email jill_wesley@yahoo.co.uk

Thank you
Jill
:wav:
Jill Wesley

Re: Parkinson Memorial Road Race - Sunday 14 August 2016

Postby Jill Wesley » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:30 am

4 more sleeps until the road race :wave:

I'm still looking for marshals, judges and volunteers to sit in the lead car to assist the lead car drivers with communications.
If you can help please let me know as soon as possible :notworthy: good weather forecast :flower:

Oh and more cakes please :occasion6: All proceeds from refreshments will be donated to the Motor Neurone Disease Association.

Thank you for those who have offered to help, please report to HQ Siddington Village at 9am unless I've communicated alternative arrangements with you.

Help needed from 9am until 1pm on Sunday 14 August.

Get involved, help your club and see what a brilliant team we are when we get together to promote a successful event :happy6: :happy7: :bounce:

We have a full field of riders so we want to provide them with safe racing. If you can't help, please pass the word round.

The Parkinson Memorial Road Race - Sunday 14 August 2016
10am start. 55 miles, Siddington Circuit.
HQ: Siddington Village Hall (A34) Cheshire SK11 9JR

Please let me know prior to the event if you can help in any way on Facebook or email jill_wesley@yahoo.co.uk

Thank you
Jill
Jill Wesley

Re: Parkinson Memorial Road Race - Sunday 14 August 2016

Postby Jill Wesley » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:55 am

Parkinson Memorial Road Race - Sunday 14 August 2016 - Results and Thanks

Parkinson RR 2016 Results.xlsx
Results
(11.53 KiB) Downloaded 76 times

Well done to the prize winners and a huge thank you to the team of helpers making our event a winner and a Super Sunday! What a brilliant day with the rain holding off. We've had praise of how impressive our event looked with the number of marshals present, support from Bikemarshals.co.uk and Manchester Medical Services.

We've received thanks on Facebook from Nigel Harrop, TLI National Secretary
Thanks to all the members and friends of Macc Whs who supported today's splendid set of races, and particularly to Jill and her close assistants for the excellent organisation. You now hold the record for the speediest presentation of 3 full sets of event results! Your efforts are really appreciated by all the members and supporters of TLI Cycling. Nigel

Our club were represented by 9 riders with Chris Quin providing and exciting sprint finish and just missing out on a win.

Event 1
Pos Name Cat Club
2 Christopher Quin A Macclesfield Wheelers
5 Michael Stretch A Macclesfield Wheelers
12 William Kershaw S Macclesfield Wheelers
13 Matt Lawton M Macclesfield Wheelers
14 Marcus Fielden A Macclesfield Wheelers

Event 2
Pos Name Cat Club
11 Mike Knudsen C Macclesfield Wheelers
12 Oliver Johnstone B Macclesfield Wheelers
16 Paul Dean C Macclesfield Wheelers

Event 3
Pos Name Cat Club
16 David Higham F Macclesfield Wheelers

Thank you to the kitchen team Sue Rowson and Alison Leah and cake bakers.

Our expert team included:

Course set up and clear up - Greg Rowson and Robert Foster

Signing on - Elaine Perrin, Ruth Gamwell and Kate

Lead car drivers and assistants - John Baguley/Andrew Ford, Matt Duck/Paul Cockshott, Mick O'Connor/Dave Boardman

Chief Judges - Martin Jackson and Mark Williams who lead to the team to produce lightning speed results with help from Katherine Jackson, Chrissy Higgs and family Messenger.

Roll call of marshals - Andy Jackson, Peter Vince, Dave Werrell, James Russell, Fred Wardle, Dom Slinn, Jo Holden, Dave Lacey, John Jackson, Eddie Goodwin, Antony Lear, Steve Hornby, Andy Rowe and Nigel Bird.

Thanking each and every one of you for providing the riders with a safe event.

Jill
Jill Wesley

Return to Events