Forum

Macclesfield Wheelers Evening Road Race

Club events, open events, challenge rides, sportives, social events etc.

Macclesfield Wheelers Evening Road Race

Postby Anthony Allan » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:24 pm

Date for your diary! The Macclesfield Wheelers Evening Road Race will be held on Tuesday 24th May. We need marshals and lead car drivers from 6.30pm-8.30pm (approx). If you can help please let me know in advance on here, FB or by email antallan@fsmail.net. Cheers, Ant
Anthony Allan

Re: Macclesfield Wheelers Evening Road Race

Postby Anthony Allan » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:45 pm

Thanks to everyone who has offered to help, we still have marshal positions to fill so if you are available to help please let me know on here or email me at antallan@fsmail.net. Cheers!
Anthony Allan

Postby Jill Wesley » Sun May 08, 2016 10:56 pm

We are counting down to our Evening Road Race on Tuesday 24th May 2016. Ant still has some positions he needs to fill. We'll be discussing final arrangements for the Evening Road Race at the Committee Meeting on Thursday 19 May so if you are available to help, please give the organiser Ant a shout... he's looking for marshals... please contact him prior to the event :-D on here or email him at antallan@fsmail.net. Thanks :thumleft: Jill, Chair
Jill Wesley

Postby eddiegcycle » Tue May 10, 2016 6:50 pm

Hi Ant, count me in, it's easier than riding the bugger! Eddie.
eddiegcycle

Postby Anthony Allan » Wed May 11, 2016 1:25 pm

Thanks Eddie! :-D
Anthony Allan

Postby fredspark » Fri May 13, 2016 1:42 pm

I,am defo ok to help Ant

Fred W
Fred W
fredspark

Postby Anthony Allan » Sun May 15, 2016 1:24 pm

RACE CANCELLED – Cheshire East Council has scheduled resurfacing works for Trap Street the day before the race. The surface will be covered in loose chippings making it unsafe to race on. Therefore the race has been cancelled. This work was only announced on the Cheshire East website at the end of last week. We are looking at the possibility of holding another race in the coming weeks. Many thanks to everyone who volunteered to support the race, hopefully we can arrange another race so I might be calling on everyone’s support again!
Anthony Allan

Postby Anthony Allan » Sat May 21, 2016 10:52 am

Looking at rescheduling the road race for Thursday 7th July, please could those of you who previously kindly offered help confirm if you can support the new date or not and anyone else who is available also please let me know! If you'd be happy to drive a lead car please let me know. (my email is antallan@fsmail.net if you dont want to post your holiday dates online!) Cheers Ant
Anthony Allan

Return to Events