Forum

The Barry Hyde Circuit of the Edge - 21st February 2016

Club events, open events, challenge rides, sportives, social events etc.

The Barry Hyde Circuit of the Edge - 21st February 2016

Postby Dave Werrell » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:45 am

Its that time of the year again for the Classic Barry Hyde Circuit of the Edge ride around all the local East Cheshire hills without going into the peak district. Its a hard ride! The circuit is unchanged from previous years - assemble in the car park 9.30am at the Tytherington Lights Shops and finish at the Flora Garden Centre Café for a well earned rest. There is a shorter route option that misses out the Bollington loop.

Please note there is No Ride Leader. The tradition for this ride is that all riders are individually responsible for their own safety and ability to follow the route at their own pace. However, most riders will ride in informal groups based upon friendships and ability. It is up to the informal groups to determine their ride policy regarding eg. stopping for punctures or waiting for slower riders.

If the weather has been freezing overnight I do not ride for safety reasons - individuals should decide themselves if it is safe to ride.

I attach gps route for the full circuit, a pdf route map and a written route sheet. If anyone else has other format routes etc please add to this topic. Please feel free to add this ride to Facebook, Twitter or other social media.

Have a good ride - Dave Werrell
Attachments
Barry Hyde CofEdge - ROUTE MAP.pdf
(390.53 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
Barry Hyde CofEdge - ROUTE DESCRIPTION.pdf
(202.21 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
BHCoEdge 50m 2016.gpx
(199.58 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
Dave Werrell

Re: The Barry Hyde Circuit of the Edge - 21st February 2016

Postby jjackson » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:39 pm

minor amendment to route sheet due to Alderlt Edge bypaas
LEFT onto A34 main road. Take the last exit at Roudabout to take the old road, RIGHT ascend up Artists Lane
Note the Map does not show the new bypass but shows the correct road
jjackson
Site Admin

Postby Chris C » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:13 am

If anyone cares to join me in an informal group at Saturday club run (normal group) pace, and omitting the fearsome Bollington loop, you will be most welcome.
Chris C

Postby Mike Roberts » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:27 pm

Please let it not be overlooked that this is a point counting event toward the Richard Elliott Trophy competition. Since there is no formal start signing-on it is the responsibility of each person completing the long ride or the shorter ride to honestly report such at the end of September...
MBobs

AKA Mr Grub Street - whatever that implies!
Mike Roberts

Postby Chris C » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:55 am

Chris C wrote:If anyone cares to join me in an informal group at Saturday club run (normal group) pace, and omitting the fearsome Bollington loop, you will be most welcome.

Ah - so informal that I shall have to abandon on Pexhill or Birtles Lane as I forgot I have a hot date for lunch (or that might be a date for a hot lunch).
Chris C

Postby jacksonmj » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:00 am

The weather forecast isn't looking too bad. Thick cloud and a bit breezy, but not much rain. With luck, the rain will stay mostly to the east of Macclesfield, away from the circuit. Temperatures may even creep into double digits.

Mudguards would be a good idea, especially if you're planning to ride in a group - some of the lanes may be somewhat muddy/damp after Saturday's rain.

I intend to lead an informal group at Sunday easy ride pace, with at least one cafe stop partway round and skipping the Bollington loop.

Edit: weather forecast updated.
jacksonmj
Site Admin +
Technical Support

Postby alecstilleyedye » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:17 pm

Chris C wrote:
Chris C wrote:If anyone cares to join me in an informal group at Saturday club run (normal group) pace, and omitting the fearsome Bollington loop, you will be most welcome.

Ah - so informal that I shall have to abandon on Pexhill or Birtles Lane as I forgot I have a hot date for lunch (or that might be a date for a hot lunch).

don't tell the wife ;)

i'll happily participate, although fin might come along, in which case we may drop back to the easy group, or just do as much of the route as we can both manage…
alecstilleyedye

Return to Events