Forum

3 Loops

Club events, open events, challenge rides, sportives, social events etc.

3 Loops

Postby lfcquin » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:19 pm

Hi Everyone,
As you know, I was looking for a volunteer to host the 3 Loops rides this coming weekend. Unfortunately no volunteer was forthcoming, but fear not, the rides will still go ahead. John has updated the rides section on the website with the details for this coming weekend, including route cards and start times.
john Jackson wrote:All route sheets and GPX file will be available belows
Starting point will be at Broken Cross. The finish will be at Flora's Tea Room, opposite the Blacksmith Arms on the Chelford Road. Angela, the owner of the tea room has been informed and is ready to accomodate weary riders.

Without an organiser then there is nobody to take register at the start and the end therefore I will leave a log book in Flora's tea room for all riders to record their involvement. If you wish to have your ride recorded for participation in the Richard Elliot Trophy then you must provide details of a seconder who can confirm your participation in the event. Their details will need to be recorded in the log book next to your own.

I hope you all have fun, unfortunately I won't be joining you, I'll be riding in circles in Skelmersdale and hoping for better luck than in my previous races.

Thanks
Chris

GPX
1 loop
Start from Broken Cross, and stop at the Lock Gate cafe. Then return to Macclesfield, finishing at Flora's Tea Room.
1loop2015.gpx
(191.42 KiB) Downloaded 87 times

2 loops
Start from Broken Cross, and stop at the Lock Gate cafe.
Then 2nd loop: follow the Frodsham loop clockwise, finishing back at the Lock Gate cafe.
Finally, continue south on the remainder of the one loop route, to Flora's Tea Room.
2loops2015.gpx
(265.37 KiB) Downloaded 67 times

3 loops
Start from Broken Cross, and stop at the Lock Gate cafe.
Then 2nd loop: follow the Frodsham loop clockwise, finishing back at the Lock Gate cafe.
Then 3rd loop: follow the Malpas loop clockwise, calling at Tattenhall Ice Cream farm as the Lock Gate closes at 4 pm.
Finally, when you get to the A49 at the end of the third loop, continue on the remainder of the one loop route, to Flora's Tea Room.
3loops2015.gpx
(349.13 KiB) Downloaded 72 times

Route Sheets
One Loop routes
1 loop 2015.pdf
(124.33 KiB) Downloaded 125 times

Two and Three Loops routes
2-3 loops 2015.pdf
(134.69 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
lfcquin

Re: 3 Loops

Postby Chris C » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:16 pm

I'm up for three loops. A word of advice: if anyone resembling Phil B****e points out a 'short cut that takes you direct to the Tattenhall Ice Cream Farm', I suggest you ignore him (unless you fancy plenty of mud, two barbed-wire fences and a bog). Oh, how we laughed!
Chris C

Postby jjackson » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:00 am

Chris C wrote:I'm up for three loops. A word of advice: if anyone resembling Phil B****e points out a 'short cut that takes you direct to the Tattenhall Ice Cream Farm', I suggest you ignore him (unless you fancy plenty of mud, two barbed-wire fences and a bog). Oh, how we laughed!

Martin and John Jackson have spent many hours updating route sheets and GPX files so you do not get lost. Please see the first post in this topic for all the files. Note the 1 loop GPX file has been improved (no route changes) please re download it you downloaded it prior to Tuesday night.
jjackson
Site Admin

Postby Chris C » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:25 pm

Just a NOTE that the NEW pdf routes posted this week a quite a bit different.

Phil - that's because last year the Lock Gate Cafe (aka Flavours) had closed so we had to re-route to three stops at the Tattenhall Ice Cream Farm. This year we're thankfully back to the traditional route as the Lock Gate Cafe has been reborn as the Lock Gate Coffee House, which I, as a keen observer of 21st century mores, regard as an interesting commentary on the changing social structures of the Cheshire heartland that we all know and love. Full English anyone? No thank you matey, mine's a lightly grilled slice of avocado with tomato reduction, drizzled with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and served with cheddar shavings and complimentary Fortnum's Chocolossus biscuit (offer limited to one biscuit per customer).

:cheers:
Chris C

Postby philipjfcunningham » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:27 pm

Chris

In the old days [I'm talking 1970s here] it was a formidable place thick with fag smoke and fruit machines.
Often frequented by bearded gentlemen with lots of tattoos. Oh and always lots of motorbikes outside.

How times have changed.

See you at Broken Cross tomorrow at 8am

Phil
philipjfcunningham

Postby thetrotter » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:41 pm

philipjfcunningham wrote:Often frequented by bearded gentlemen with lots of tattoos

Didn't know that it was one of Wiggo's haunts :)
Samuel Pecke : A bald headed buzzard content only in wenching, lying and drinking.
thetrotter

Return to Events