Forum

Three Loops - Organiser required

Club events, open events, challenge rides, sportives, social events etc.

Three Loops - Organiser required

Postby lfcquin » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:14 pm

Hi Everyone,

Mike Roberts has had to pull-out from organising the Three loops on the 22nd March due to illness (hope you get well soon Mike). We need a volunteer who lives in or close to Macclesfield to step forward and open their doors for the event. We need somewhere that riders can sign on and pay their fees and gather safely before the start (tea and cake is always a bonus). Rides start from 8.00am, so you need to be available early and then on hand again later in the day as riders return to your abode from their epic adventures.

Please can you drop me a PM if you can help out.
Thanks

Chris Quin
lfcquin

Re: Three Loops - Organiser required

Postby Chris C » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:43 pm

It’s been good to assemble at Mike’s to start this ride, particularly the time the group left early (my fault – I hadn’t announced any intention of riding) and Mike was able to point me in the right direction. I don’t recommend trying to chase down a five minute lead as the best start to 200k, but yes I did catch them after six flat-out miles, just before I was about to run out of options as to where to go next (too much of a hurry to take Mike’s proffered route sheet). Ask me what happened at the Sainsbury’s roundabout.

But if nobody feels able to replace Mike and Stella’s hospitality (who could?) I suppose we could start at, say, Broken X car park without signing on (we don’t sign on for club runs). There aren’t actually any fees for this ride anyway, unless I’ve missed a trick on the approximately ten times I’ve done it, in which case I probably owe rather a lot of money and had better not turn up this year. American Express? That'll do nicely.

Just a thought.
Chris C

Re: Three Loops - Organiser required

Postby dharbott » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:39 pm

Chris,

The Broken Cross start would suffice if no-one offers to step in for Mike and Stella this time. We'd all miss the pre-ride chat, post-ride cake and check-in at the end (possibly useful for solo riders).

Also, this event acts as a template for the September edition of the same ride, ridden for a nominated charity (TBC) where there is a small entry fee (plus the club contributes for each rider). However, I believe there are feelers out already for an organiser for the charity ride in September...
David Harbottle
dharbott

Return to Events