Forum

Parkinson Memorial Road Race 17/8/14

Club events, open events, challenge rides, sportives, social events etc.

Parkinson Memorial Road Race 17/8/14

Postby Jill Wesley » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:46 am

Hi
Our next road race promotion is approaching :-D :wav:
Parkinson Memorial Road Race. Sunday 17th August 2014 10am start. 55 miles, Siddington Circuit HQ: Siddington Village Hall (A34) Cheshire SK11 9JR
TLI Members £8, Day Members £12 (£1 from each entry will be donated to East Cheshire Hospice).
We need marshals / helpers for a successful safe event. Your club needs you :salut: Please contact me with your availability via PM on this forum or PM on FB.

Cheers :cheers:
Jill Wesley, Event Organiser
Jill Wesley

Re: Parkinson Memorial Road Race 17/8/14

Postby eddiegcycle » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:58 pm

okay, okay, so next year maybe I'll try 4 laps! ;-)
Just wanted to say Well Done Lads!! - here is my wobbly phone video of Mike Stretch winning his race with Chris Quinn on his shoulder, (it's better if you keep pausing as he comes over the line.) http://youtu.be/ZH_In8gF08M
Also, thanks very much to Jill and all helpers and marshals!
eddiegcycle

Postby Jill Wesley » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:15 am

Well what can I say !! I’m proud of our club and want to thank each and every one of you for your help and support at yesterday’s Parkinson Memorial Road Race. Our amazing refreshment and cake stall made £56 for East Cheshire Hospice :thumleft: & there’ll be more funds going to the hospice when final accounts are in as £1 from every rider’s entry fee will be donated to ECH. Karen Bale won best cake in the MW Bake Off, with her Sticky Toffee Cake selling out in seconds. She’ll be celebrating with her prize, a bottle of Prosecco :happy7: I’m sorry I didn’t get round to speaking to you all on the day, it was a tad stressful.! Well done to Mike Stretch :king: and Chris Quin for making the break and getting 1st and 2nd in an exciting sprint for the line.

MW HONOURS LIST:
Marshals: Andrew Ford, Laura Maguire, Tim Andrew, Joe Brownhill, Matthew Burt, Paul Roman, James Russell, Dave Lacey, Fred Wardle, Dave Harbottle, Claire Harbottle, Roger Wrenn, Warren Jackson, Phil Jones, Oliver Johnstone, Karen Bale, David Morris’ invaluable advice to newcomers and to Steve Davies (2nd Claim Member) who was unable to race but went out to marshal even though not feeling 100%...where he overheard a group of rider ride by him at the Black Swan saying "there are marshals everywhere".
Lead Car Drivers: Pete McGuckian, Jeremy Smith, Chris Illingworth, David Roberts
Lead Car Observers: Carolyn Slater, Peter Jackson, John Jackson
Moto Cycle Marshals: Scott Forshaw & Iain (Clem) Baillie
Chief Judge: Dave Werrell
Refreshments: Sue & Joanna Rowson, Alison Leah

Multiple roles :salut:
Robert Foster – Signing on / Marshal /Judge
Andrew Ford - Signing on / Marshal
Mike Wolstenholme – Signing on / Marshal
Laura Maguire – Marshal / Number return monitor
Georgina & Greg Rowson – Course Safety Signage Team / Marshal
Becky Burns – Refreshments / Marshal

I’ve received many emails of thanks from riders who rode the event I’d like to pass on

“I would like to thank you and all your helpers on an excellent run event today”

"great race, positive racing"

“Many Thanks to all members of Macclesfield Wheelers who helped make today's race possible. It is one of the best organised races I have ridden. Excellent Well Done to you all”

“Just a short note of thanks to you, the club and all the marshals at yesterdays event, it was very well organised, safe and a pleasure to ride. Please pass my thanks to all involved”

“thanks for yesterdays race great event”

“I just wanted to say thanks to you and your team for a great race yesterday. Everything was superbly organised and it was brilliant to see a Tli event using finish line technology which gives the riders great confidence in the results being accurate”

Well done all !

Jill
Jill Wesley

Postby thetrotter » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:07 am

Thanks Jill and to everyone who helped both on the day and before and after. The Parkinson is one of our flagship events and promotes a positive image of the Club and its members. The finish line technology is really impressive and posting the complete set of results (rather than just the prize winners) a few hours later is fantastic. The number of marshalls was amazing and really makes a difference to how safe you feel as a rider - it's not just the junctions that matter but pinch points like around the two pubs and the bend on Smithy Lane. Weather wasn't the best for riding, so even less great for giving up your Sunday morning to stand out in.

Great result for Mike and Chris - bit like Mapei in the 1996 Paris Roubaix - and well done to Eddie G for preserving this for posterity on YouTube. Did I see someone taking photos - or was I just hallucinating :(
Samuel Pecke : A bald headed buzzard content only in wenching, lying and drinking.
thetrotter

Postby thetrotter » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:57 pm

Anyone know who was taking photos on Sunday? Would be good to get some on the NW Cycling Photos Facebook page.
Samuel Pecke : A bald headed buzzard content only in wenching, lying and drinking.
thetrotter

Return to Events