Forum

3 Loops - Annual Reliability Rides - March 16th

Club events, open events, challenge rides, sportives, social events etc.

Re: 3 Loops - Annual Reliability Rides - March 16th

Postby thetrotter » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:22 am

Mike Roberts wrote:Thanks to Celia for the route sheets and a home-baked cake that was thoroughly enjoyed.

Indeed it was :-D
Samuel Pecke : A bald headed buzzard content only in wenching, lying and drinking.
thetrotter

Postby markrowson » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:29 pm

Yes thanks for a great day out. Shame we couldn't stay together as a group on way home. Well done to Mr captain Lawton who broke several spokes in His Front wheel and had to abandon ride 5 miles from Beeston on way home. He couldn't contact any one back home so decided to knock on several doors until he found a cyclist who kindly lent him a spare wheel so Matt rode home and did complete the ride well done lad.
markrowson

Postby Chris C » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:53 pm

Just about recovered enough to put pen to paper to record for posterity that I, Christopher Robin, together with Simon S-Bend, James Paparazi, Nick Lunch, Rich Doughnut and Darren Toolkit completed The Three Loops of Hell last Sunday, with the less said about our little walk down Grimes Lane the better (thanks Phil - our loop 1 companion - we owe you one) and apologies from me for directing us back towards Tattenhall for a couple of miles a little way into the Malpas loop, but, hey, it all meant we clocked a little extra, all therefore recording around 145 miles for the day (the longest ride of my life, and I believe the longest for all of us). Home at 7.30 after what I think I can say without fear of contraception was a full day's cycling.
Chris C

Postby Mike Roberts » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:45 pm

I have to say I did worry for you, mein Herr.

Haven't deduced what is meant by Grimes Lane; unless it's reference to the Whitegate Way bridge closure/ bypass.

Lighting or lack of (?) was uppermost in my mind as seldom do 3-Loopers return in daylight.

Regret no cake left!
MBobs

AKA Mr Grub Street - whatever that implies!
Mike Roberts

Previous

Return to Events