Forum

Club Kit 2015 Design Survey

New Club Clothing

Club Kit 2015 Design Survey

Postby admin » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:24 pm

Thanks to all the members who have submitted ideas and thoughts to the club kit sub committee over the last couple of months. Now the colour has been decided (tangerine!) we need a quick vote on the design, so please click on the link below:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6GK6MJG
Survey closes 21 December
admin
Site Admin

Re: Club Kit 2015 Design Survey

Postby lfcquin » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:05 pm

Hi Graham,

The committee discussed the results of the survey at the last meeting. There was a massive majority for the new jersey design from the survey and it was agreed that Dave Haley should arrange for an order to be placed. You should hear more shortly as Dave gets us lined up with Bioracer and opens the order.

Thanks
Chris Quin
lfcquin

Postby graham » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:44 pm

Could you post a picture of the new design?
Thanks
graham
graham

Postby graham » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:49 pm

Thanks Chris
I think I have got a similar design from the 80's at the bottom of a drawer!
graham
graham

Postby FiremanC » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:34 pm

Forgive me if I've somewhat missed the boat, but have any local companies, i.e bike related ones, ever been approached in terms of sponsorship/advertising? I'm not sure what bike shops are in Macclesfield nowadays but surely having their company name/logo on the local cycling clubs kit would be a sure fire way of garnering interest in said business in exchange for a fee and or member discounts etc.
FiremanC

Postby petemcg » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:43 am

Thanks for the comments Chris. (FiremanC).

The club has discussed this idea many times and it's been prefered that we keep our independence from businesses, however we seek sponsorship for our open events and this has proved to be successful.

Discounts for club members has been negotiated with various buisnesses in the region by Dave Harbottle and he publishes a list that goes out with you club membership card.

Cheers Pete Chario
petemcg

Postby FiremanC » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:19 pm

That's fair do's Pete. Thanks for the feedback.
FiremanC

Postby lfcquin » Sun May 03, 2015 8:29 pm

Hi Everyone,

Catherine Burton has managed to get her hands on some sizing samples for the new club kit. :-D

We would like to invite all Wheelers to come along to the Park Inn Tavern next Monday (11th May) to try on the samples for sizing. We have a set of 5 jerseys and 5 bib shorts in sizes S, M, L, XL. The S, M, L are in race fit, and the XL is in team fit. Just to note, the samples are NOT in the new club design, they are generic for sizing only.

We intend to allow 45 minutes for feedback on fit from 7.00pm until 7.45pm. After that we will carry out our scheduled club committee meeting. It would be lovely for members to stay for the full meeting, but don't feel pressured. You can just come and try the kit and leave if you so wish.

So, in summary. Park Inn Tavern. 7.00pm to 7.45pm on the 11th of May for sample clothing testing.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Chris
lfcquin

Postby mochit » Tue May 12, 2015 10:32 pm

Dear all,
We had a great club kit sample trying session last night. For anyone who couldn't make it and would like to be part of an initial sample order we will be placing an order for s/s jerseys and bibshorts very soon.
There are 2 fits, race (Plus) and club (Team). For information and size charts, see link to Tactic website (new supplier).
http://www.tactic-sport.com/en/custom-line/plus

Approx. prices (inc. VAT) are as follows:
race fit:
s/s Jersey £51
Bib shorts £50

club fit:
s/s Jersey £40
bib shorts £ 45

There is a minimum order quantity of 10 pieces per item.
We already have at least 10 people on the list for race kit, although we haven't reached that number for club kit yet.
If you want to be part of the initial sample order, to test the new supplier and new MW design, please select your choice -
race or club: jersey and/or bib shorts with each size you require.
The lead time is 6 weeks, so once we receive sample order and are happy with it, we will then look to place a bigger MW order with more choice (including ladies fit and children).
Details on how to pay will be sent out separately.

To place your order or ask any questions please email: catherinesburton@gmail.com by Friday 29th May.
mochit

Postby FiremanC » Fri May 15, 2015 8:01 am

I really hate to stick my orr in, especially as I am but a passive member of the club (for this year anyway) However, I think the widespread membership are entitled to know what the heck is going on with this kit debacle. It's good that a sample order is going in, but there are a few more issues that need greater airing and clarification.

First of all, what happened to Bioracer as the supplier?? At the minute it seems we've had more suppliers and kit designs than Jack Nicklaus has had golf clubs. Has there been any financial penalty for dealing with Bioracer and not placing an order?

Secondly, if this sample order returns kit that we aren't happy with, what happens then? Are members potentially left with outdated kit when yet another supplier is found? We all know that different suppliers can differ slightly even with the same design.

I was unable to attend the fitting session Monday due to work. But any general remarks regarding sizing? i.e Comes up small/large etc?

Lastly, and once again I apologise for grumbling and sticking my beak in. The 'club clothing' section needs updating on the website. I understand if this is a pain in the backside, but even pics of the new design on there would be helpful to the widespread membership. The TT results are updated regularly so why can't this section be?

Thanks
FiremanC

Postby AlexTaylor » Fri May 15, 2015 9:57 am

Wha? What happened to Bioracer? New supplier doesn't seem to do skin suits either :/
@NapD
AlexTaylor

Postby MattLawton » Fri May 15, 2015 10:11 am

Mr Fireman, this is as I understand it: MW are no longer considering Bioracer because they were unable to provide us with the sizing samples. Tactic have been able to provide samples for quality and sizing, but it would have taken longer for them to produce a one-off jersey in the new design (for final approval) than it would to process a small order. They require a minimum order of 10 items (e.g. 10 ss clubfit jerseys), which is why members are being asked if they would like to help complete the order for samples. There is an expectation that when the samples arrive those with them will make them available for such, and that they will be subject to final approval. Yellow (Tactic's UK agent) can also supply us with skinsuits in club colours.
MattLawton

Postby PaulH » Fri May 15, 2015 5:09 pm

FiremanC wrote:I really hate to stick my orr in, especially as I am but a passive member of the club (for this year anyway) However, I think the widespread membership are entitled to know what the heck is going on with this kit debacle. It's good that a sample order is going in, but there are a few more issues that need greater airing and clarification.

First of all, what happened to Bioracer as the supplier?? At the minute it seems we've had more suppliers and kit designs than Jack Nicklaus has had golf clubs. Has there been any financial penalty for dealing with Bioracer and not placing an order?

Secondly, if this sample order returns kit that we aren't happy with, what happens then? Are members potentially left with outdated kit when yet another supplier is found? We all know that different suppliers can differ slightly even with the same design.

I was unable to attend the fitting session Monday due to work. But any general remarks regarding sizing? i.e Comes up small/large etc?

Lastly, and once again I apologise for grumbling and sticking my beak in. The 'club clothing' section needs updating on the website. I understand if this is a pain in the backside, but even pics of the new design on there would be helpful to the widespread membership. The TT results are updated regularly so why can't this section be?

Thanks

You do realise all of this is done by volunteers? Nobody is salaried.
I think everybody involved would appreciate it if you wound your neck in, prefacing your moaning with an apology doesn't mean you can write whatever nonsense you like in the following paragraphs.
If you're that passionate about it, maybe get involved eh?
PaulH

Postby lfcquin » Fri May 15, 2015 8:43 pm

Hi Everyone,

Apologies that I am slow to respond to the messages and I didn't get a post out after the club meeting on Monday. The realty is that I have been snowed under with work this week so I haven't had chance to get an update out. I can see that this has caused some friction, so please accept my apologies.

Mr Fireman is right in some regards. It has been a nightmare regarding the organisation of the kit suppliers. We started off with Bioracer, but the reality is that they have been unresponsive to our requests. We asked for sizing samples a number of months ago and they haven't come through for us. Given that some people had a bad experience with sizing with previous suppliers it was important to us to try and rectify this. Around 6-8 weeks ago another company made contact through a club member and although it has taken a few weeks to get the samples we have found the communications with this organisation to be much better. In the past few weeks Cath has done a brilliant job in arranging the samples, creating the design template and getting us to a position where we can place an order. The decision to progress with an order with Tactic was taken without objection by anyone present on Monday. that was 12 votes for, to 0 against.

We discussed at the club meeting on Monday that we would try and arrange follow up sizing sessions, ill pick up with Cath over the weekend to try and ensure as many members as possible get to try the samples on (they are small to size).

Alex, you are right. There are no skinsuits currently. Tactic are a new supplier so they only have a small range currently. If we find members are satisfied with the new club kit and there is enough interest we can discuss with Tactic range extensions and see where that takes us.

If anyone has any issues with what was agreed at the club meeting, then please feel free to drop me a direct message with your phone number and I will call you to discuss, I'm happy to take feedback on how we can improve . We all have a say in the process, but please lets stay respectful to each other and respectful of what has been agreed at the club committees. They are after all open to all members and I am available to represent the opinion of anyone who cant make the meeting because of personal commitments.

Thanks

Chris
lfcquin

Postby mochit » Sun May 17, 2015 12:34 pm

mochit wrote:Dear all,
We had a great club kit sample trying session last night. For anyone who couldn't make it and would like to be part of an initial sample order we will be placing an order for s/s jerseys and bibshorts very soon.
There are 2 fits, race (Plus) and club (Team). For information and size charts, see link to Tactic website (new supplier).
http://www.tactic-sport.com/en/custom-line/plus

Approx. prices (inc. VAT) are as follows:
race fit:
s/s Jersey £51
Bib shorts £50

club fit:
s/s Jersey £40
bib shorts £ 45

There is a minimum order quantity of 10 pieces per item.
We already have at least 10 people on the list for race kit, although we haven't reached that number for club kit yet.
If you want to be part of the initial sample order, to test the new supplier and new MW design, please select your choice -
race or club: jersey and/or bib shorts with each size you require.
The lead time is 6 weeks, so once we receive sample order and are happy with it, we will then look to place a bigger MW order with more choice (including ladies fit and children).
Details on how to pay will be sent out separately.

To place your order or ask any questions please email: catherinesburton@gmail.com by Friday 29th May.

MW Club kit designs - attached
Attachments
mwkit.png
image.jpg
MW Club kit design - Club (Team)
image.jpg (28.18 KiB) Viewed 1766 times
mochit

Next

Return to Club Clothing