Forum

CLUB CLOTHING

New Club Clothing

Re: CLUB CLOTHING

Postby mochit » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:06 pm

There are so many suppliers out there: Santini, Giordana, Endura, Bioracer etc. .....think this needs a bit of research by a small team to gather costs, samples, designs etc. then propose a few options :afro:
mochit

Postby thetrotter » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:03 pm

mochit wrote:There are so many suppliers out there: Santini, Giordana, Endura, Bioracer etc. .....think this needs a bit of research by a small team to gather costs, samples, designs etc. then propose a few options :afro:

Always a good idea to start with some facts. You volunteering?
Samuel Pecke : A bald headed buzzard content only in wenching, lying and drinking.
thetrotter

Postby pacsman » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:04 am

I've just spent a mildly diverting 20 minutes on http://www.cyclingkitdesigner.net/ and been able to play with a good selection of stock designs that you can customize as necessary. Might it be worth people trying out some different ideas, in order to guide any potential redesign?

1.jpg
1.jpg (24.63 KiB) Viewed 1133 times

2.jpg
2.jpg (21.4 KiB) Viewed 1133 times

It's a bit limited in the options you have, especially for text and logo's, but it might be a starting point.

Cheers.
Paul Fenton
Probationary Member
------__o
-----_\<,_
----(_)/ (_)
pacsman

Postby dharbott » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:20 am

The problem with club clothing design is everyone has their own opinion.

Dave Haley is the club clothing rep, and he's trying to find a new supplier for the current design at this time.
A re-design is another project yet to be agreed/decided.
A meeting is yet to be arranged to discuss all this, and review some suppliers offerings.

In the mean-time, your thoughts and ideas are welcome...
David Harbottle
dharbott

Postby AlexTaylor » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:14 pm

I'm a big fan of bioracer kit. The skinsuits are brill by all accounts.

The Giordana FRC race fit kit is fantastic but picey.
@NapD
AlexTaylor

Postby PaulH » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:50 pm

dharbott wrote:The problem with club clothing design is everyone has their own opinion.

Dave Haley is the club clothing rep, and he's trying to find a new supplier for the current design at this time.
A re-design is another project yet to be agreed/decided.
A meeting is yet to be arranged to discuss all this, and review some suppliers offerings.

In the mean-time, your thoughts and ideas are welcome...

Bearing in mind recent discussions (arguments :-D ) about the value of social media in raising the profile of the wheelers and attracting new members, I would think a re-design of the club kit would be a much higher priority - it's the most visible tool the club has to show potential members that we exist.
PaulH

Postby fredspark » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:33 pm

I would favor a face-lift of the club kit. based on the same colors of course, tangerine is instantly recognizable as macc wheeler's color and is very visible. Paul is totally right its the best way of promoting the club.
Not having had any of the forcegbkit I cant comment on its quality really, but the Giodana and Champion Systems stuff has been fine, Giodana probably slightly better quality but more expensive I suspect.

Good luck Dave.

Fred W
Fred W
fredspark

Postby AlexTaylor » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:57 pm

The brighter the better IMO!
@NapD
AlexTaylor

Postby MalcolmF » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:41 pm

As long as we don't end up with kit like the Colombian womens cycling team!

I've just typed 'cycle kit design' into Google and then clicked on 'images' and it comes up with lots of different designs that might just inspire somebody!

Not sure whether this is possible. Would it be worth contacting a few cycle kit manufacturers, giving them details of the colours and any writing or logo's required, Then see what their designers can come up with? Then circulating a few designs amongst the membership to see which is preferred ?
MalcolmF

Postby thetrotter » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:51 pm

MalcolmF wrote: Would it be worth contacting a few cycle kit manufacturers, giving them details of the colours and any writing or logo's required, Then see what their designers can come up with? Then circulating a few designs amongst the membership to see which is preferred ?

All the main suppliers offer this service, but if we going to redesign the kit then we need to do it quickly. Last time we redesigned the kit it took ages because people kept coming up with different ideas.
Samuel Pecke : A bald headed buzzard content only in wenching, lying and drinking.
thetrotter

Postby MattLawton » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:11 pm

I agree Dave. If we agree on a change, I think we should at first try and come up with a design that's not too far from what we currently have so as not to make the 'old' kit (and there is a lot of it about) look too old; a progression rather than overhaul. Maybe block colours and 'de-cluttering' the jerseys would be a start. I do think that the Giordana shade of orange is the one to use as when we did Wild Wales we were regularly mistaking riders from other clubs (who's kit is dark orange) as Macc Wheelers in newer kit.
MattLawton

Previous

Return to Club Clothing