Forum

CLUB CLOTHING

New Club Clothing

CLUB CLOTHING

Postby david.haley » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:53 pm

Unfortunately we need to change supplier. It is not likely that a new supplier will be in place to produce a new order until the new year. If you have a view on this matter let a committee member know your opinion.
david.haley

Re: CLUB CLOTHING

Postby lfcquin » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:11 pm

That's a shame David, I for one have been very impressed with the quality of their clothing.
lfcquin

Postby mochit » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:07 pm

Maybe it's time for a new design and new supplier!........something simple with Italian style that will attract new members! :afro:
a couple of custom team /club kit suppliers: Santini and Giordana

http://www.santinisms.it/custom-team-kit/

http://www.myteamgiordana.co.uk/brochur ... ochure.pdf
mochit

Postby dave_c » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:08 pm

My thoughts on this...

Can we ask for a bit more info on the complaints? Were they unjustified? I'd like to be able to give the supplier feedback on the kit but obviously don't want to risk ruining the relationship between club and supplier.

My feedback on the clothing is that the quality seems good but I would have liked more info on the sizing. The previous supplier provided dimensions of but this one doesn't. Turns out what I ordered is too big.

Is it possible that if/when we appoint a new supplier we make it clear what colour they should use? Was a little dismayed to spend a small fortune and then find out we copied the colour of the previous supplier always knowing it was the wrong shade of orange.

Obviously happy and proud to represent the Wheelers in any colour but consistency would be good.
dave_c

Postby MattLawton » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:53 pm

What are rider's views on Macc Wheelers club kit, past & current? Please let the committee know.
MattLawton

Postby lfcquin » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:09 pm

Firstly Matt, I like wearing the club colours, I don't really care what shade of orange it is. To be part of something bigger is much more important, what counts is the club history, community and event organisation activity. However, I know a number of the younger members of the club who have "moved on" because they have been attracted by better kit from other clubs. The colours are not modern or well thought of in wider circles. This detracts from the club, it shouldn't, but that is the age we live in. Just look and see what Stafford CC and WheelGuru have done to their kits this year, both have reinvented their kits, although they look great the choice of black is questionable if you want visibility! Interestingly, WheelGuru's is a racing kit, so I believe they offer two different kit options now.

It would cost me a fortune, but i'd love to see an updated scheme. I think it would help attract a younger crowd and could invigorate our racing (if so desired by the committee).

To be clear though, if the current kit is deemed acceptable, I'll still roll out the door wearing the colours with pride. :salut:
lfcquin

Postby MattLawton » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:28 pm

Thanks Chris, that's noted. I'm pretty sure we are tied to tangerine, black & green.
MattLawton

Postby lfcquin » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:47 am

Matt, here is a link to Stafford, they didn't change their colours, they have black, orange and yellow, but they have just modernised the scheme. It looks like theirs is a racing kit too. The one I have seen in use is at the bottom of the page on the left.

http://www.staffordrc.org/about/stafford-rc-club-kit/
lfcquin

Postby dharbott » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:49 am

In this modern age I don't believe a professional redesign is expensive or difficult to achieve. And quality is usually simply about cost.

Most racing teams change their design every year. While I'm not suggesting that we should change the Macc Wheelers kit annually, I don't see why we can't have a rethink about colours and design more often than once a decade or two.

It's not an easy task co-ordinating a club kit order, and adding re-design to the work-load adds more work. But where there's will there's a way.

So, while we're just 'chatting' about this, here's my personal thoughts:
I'd like to see a re-design too. And I'm more than happy to pay a higher price for a good looking piece of club kit of good quality than something outdated and low quality.

Anyone interested in buying ZAP-CLEAN team strip? (only joking... maybe!).
David Harbottle
dharbott

Postby WillKershaw » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:06 am

A little off topic i know, but where can i get a small-ish wheelers jersey to wear on the Lyme RC Mow Cop hill climb on sunday, at the last race i went to i felt a bit odd not being in a club kit and i'd like to represent the club by more than just having Macc Wheelers on the entry form.
WillKershaw

Postby jjackson » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:48 am

History of design and shades
November 2006: Current design introduced, supplier Giordana (shade orange)
Champion systems was appointed in April 2012. The colour should have matched the Giordana but was the red Orange.
New supplier, the design and colour matched the champion systems kit.

Therefore since 2006 we have had 1 design with 2 shades of Orange, Any other kit is 2005 or earlier!!!
jjackson
Site Admin

Postby thetrotter » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:02 am

Personally, I always liked the fit, quality and (dare I say it) design of the Giodarno kit.

Many suppliers have minimum order requirements and the important thing is to understand how these work. After all, we are large by the standard of many cycling clubs and if they can live with minimum orders then we ought to be able to. For example, I note that the suppliers to Stafford RC allow mixing of sizes and items, plus allow smaller orders at additional cost, but that the Club are clear that they only order twice a year. So I think we ought to approach a number of suppliers (I would add Bioracer to the list) to get exact costings for either a new run of the current design, or a new design (and I can see the attractions of the latter).

Whatever route we decide to go down could we please agree what criteria we are going to use (cost, quality, made in the UK etc), have the design done professionally, take the decision quickly (IIRC the last redesign took ages to agree) and stick with a consistent colour - the current kit is a long way from the tangerine that runs through our Club branding (including on this website). There are few things more galling to people than to buy a set of kit and find either that it doesn't match their existing kit and/or that that they can't get the same colours in future.

Unfortunately, any decision we take will leave some club members with out of date kit.
Samuel Pecke : A bald headed buzzard content only in wenching, lying and drinking.
thetrotter

Postby graham » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:08 am

I really like our club jersey ,the colours stand out on the road making it safer than the fashionable black everyone seems to wear today.It's easy to pick out in a bunch in races .Modern designs are soon outdated
and don't stand out .I can spot a Macc wh jersey at half a mile
I'm not against a re-design if thats what most club members want but make it orange and make it stand out
Don't forget next year the trend will be retro and someone will want to change back to our old 2 hoop design
graham
graham

Postby thetrotter » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:36 am

graham wrote:I really like our club jersey ,the colours stand out on the road making it safer than the fashionable black everyone seems to wear today.
I'm not against a re- design if that s what most club members want but make it orange and make it stand out
Don't forget next year the trend will be retro and someone will want to change back to our old 2 hoop design

Tangerine is highly visible and could be incorporated into a more modern design quite easily. If visibility is one of the criteria that we wish to use (and I think that it should be) then one option is to go the whole hog and use some of the modern hi-vis fabrics such as those used by Saxo Bank this year.
Samuel Pecke : A bald headed buzzard content only in wenching, lying and drinking.
thetrotter

Postby amf1966 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:37 pm

A more modern design on the shorts would be good, perhaps with hoops (tangerine) around the bottom of the legs?
amf1966

Next

Return to Club Clothing