Forum

Easier trianing ride at 10-2-7

Training rides info + discussion

Easier trianing ride at 10-2-7

Postby fredspark » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:05 pm

I wont be out for tomorrow nights training ride at 10-2-7. Andy Rowe has messaged me and wants to do it (but not on his own). last week various people posted up they were not doing it but in the event Mark B & Paul F turned up, so hopefully Andy wont be on his own.
See you all next week.
Fred W
fredspark

Re: Easier trianing ride at 10-2-7

Postby fredspark » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:46 pm

Since the forecast is for below zero temperatures and 40 mph (gale force) easterly wind, with not much prospect of improvement this Thursdays 10 -2-7 ride is cancelled. At least then we can make other plans ( turbo, go for a run, gym, or take up a sensible sport like tidlywinks).
If the met office has got it wrong we can have a rethink, let me know if you want to do it. 15 degrees and a 2 mph southwesterly would tempt me out.
Fred W
fredspark

Postby fredspark » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:37 am

After last weeks lay up it's time to get back on the bike. The easier training ride is back on, suitable for regulars and newbies, departing Broken X at 10-2-7 this evening.
Fred W
fredspark

Postby fredspark » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:49 pm

Nice to have Caroline I out with us last night on her 1st 10-2-7 ride, plus Rachel G after missing a few weeks, joining regular Andy R & yours truly making it a gender equilibrium event on international women's day.
A quick team talk at Siddington to go through the team time trial formation and that's what we did all the way round everybody going through to the front and doing shorter or longer turns as seemed appropriate. I don't thing we were tidy and tight enough to win anything last night but you've got to start somewhere and we all got to Artist Ln together.
Fred W
fredspark

Postby fredspark » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:00 am

Great to have Rich T, Steve L and Mark B back out with us again last night @ 10 -2-7, Brian E making a rare but welcome show, Caroline I making a determined effort on her second training ride, plus Andy R and myself.
It was a tailwind assisted ride to the about the three greyhounds where the pace had to slow a bit with more headwind. Keeping it all together was a bit tricky on the way back to Macc with different abilities but once again we did all arrive at the bottom of Artist lane pretty much together (if not the top).
Hope to see you all again next week.
Fred W
fredspark

Postby fredspark » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:05 pm

Five of us out last night at 10-2-7, singled out and strong turns in equal measure on the front from Brian E, Andy R, Rich T, Mark B, and Fred W.
I think everybody had a good ride and Brian didn't mention that we might have crept above the target speed (whatever that is).
It's going to be all change next week. The good thing is it will be broad daylight at 10-2-7, but Salter's Ln is going to be closed from Siddington for the first bit so its going to have to be quite a long divert round. That would make our normal route a bit on the long side so I'am thinking it would be a good opportunity to train on/ suss out the proposed new Club 10 mile TT course.... straight through Lower Withington, left past the Terra Nova, left at the back of the yellow Broom, back to the Red Lion and left agian for a second loop.
Fred W
fredspark

Postby fredspark » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:14 am

It will be nice to be setting of down Pexhill for the easier training ride @ 10-2-7 tonight in daylight but lights will be required before we get back. Also mudguards I'm afraid tonight.
Fred W
fredspark

Postby fredspark » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:54 pm

Training last night @ 10-2-7 was a 2up, Andy R and Myself, on whats going to be the new club 10's course, 2 loops round Lower Withington.
According to Strava we were 2 secs slower on the second loop but my heart rate was a lot higher. I can only think I was having to work harder to compensate for my partners rubbing mudguard.
Back up Redesmere with a hit up to the Blacksmith's (well I tried anyway). It worked as a training ride so same again next week.
Fred W
fredspark

Postby fredspark » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:34 am

Its looking like a good evening for riding a bike tonight. Get your legs loosened up before Majorca, train on the new club 10's course, work up to the intermediate training ride that will starting again the 23rd April. The easier training ride is on at 10-2-7 tonight from Broken X.
Fred W
fredspark

Postby fredspark » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:54 pm

With a bigger turnout last night at 10-2-7 we went for a chain gang three times round the Lower Withington circuit. Mixed abilities and mixed bikes, old git's, newbies, carbon summer bikes, winter bikes etc etc.
Thanks to Jamie H, Mark Be and Steve L for dragging me back on twice for reasons I wont go into. Good riding also from Andy R, Rich T, Caroline I, Mark Bo and Colin Y.
Jamie led the assault of Pexhill on the way back with Andy hot on his wheel, both started on Thursday's JAR a couple of years ago and are great examples of of progression and improvement through the club.
The Monday evening intermediate training ride restarts on the 23rd April for the season, please pass the word round.
Fred W
fredspark

Postby fredspark » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:12 pm

A strong ride from Julian W on his first chain gang last night at 10-2-7, also good to have Mark P with us who's not been out for a while.
Mark left us to do his own thing on the second lap of the Lower Withington circuit but super sub Steve L came on for the second half. Other players; Mark B, Caroline I, Pete J and myself (more referee than captain).
With some trail and error we eventually got into a tempo that worked with a burn up Pexhill to finish.
Another three times round Lower Withington next week I think then it will be time for a change, the club 10 tt's will be starting anyway and also the Monday night training ride on the 23rd.
Fred W
fredspark

Postby fredspark » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:17 am

Its a last chance to train on the new club 10's course at Lower Withington tonight at 10-2-7 tonight before they next wednesday. The Intermediate raining ride will also be starting agian next monday the 23rd, from Broken Cross at 7pm.
Fred W
fredspark

Postby fredspark » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:53 pm

Good to have track cyclists Chris H and Mike W also Pete J joining Eddie G, Andy R, Mark B, Mark B plus yours truly for steady training at 10-2-7 last night on the Lower Withington circuit.
The main event; a chain gang three 3 times past the Red Lion went pretty well (about 15mins a lap) and we headed back up Redesmere rather than Pexhill with a bit of a hit up to the Blacksmiths, then down to Prestbury and back to Broken Cross for those who had'nt already peeled off home.
Not surprising on such a nice evening to see so many other cyclist out; a big bunch cracking on at Twemlow (manchester wheelers ?), a large number but not exactly a tight bunch climbing out of Prestbury (cheshire mavericks i think), another bunch of Macc Wheelers heading out on a faster training ride and even more Macc Wheelers lurking in the Park Tavern after Just a Ride (some things never change).
Fred W
fredspark

Postby fredspark » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:43 am

After the last few weeks doing the lower Withington Circuit normal service will be resumed tonight on the easier training ride, 3 Greyhounds, Toft, Ollerton etc. Sorry cant face another loop round the Red Lion after the 10 last night, see you all at 10-2-7.
Fred W
fredspark

Postby fredspark » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:19 am

Wet roads before the 10-2-7 start at Broken X last night prompted a last minute change to the winter bike before I went out. When Chris Higgs rolled up from Congleton and reported no rain and dry roads in the deep south we made another change of plan and headed down to Swettenham for a good steady 4 up team time trail style three times round that circuit.
Phil K and Pete J made up our the team. Back up at Broken X about 8.30 it was like wheelers central, countless clubmates ending up at the top there in various states of breathlessness from the fast chain gang and JAR as well as our self's. Everybody seemed to have had a good ride, we certainly did and hopefully will be back on the summer bike next week. See you all then.
Fred W
fredspark

Next

Return to Training