Forum

Easier trianing ride at 10-2-7

Training rides info + discussion

Re: Easier trianing ride at 10-2-7

Postby fredspark » Thu May 03, 2018 7:54 am

Its going to be another good evening for the easier training ride @ 10-2-7 tonight (and the other club rides) all detials on the club website http://macclesfieldwheelers.org.uk/training.php
Fred W
fredspark

Postby fredspark » Thu May 10, 2018 7:47 am

Meet up for the easier training ride just before for a 10-2 7 start at Broken X tonight. If you miss the start another faster (not easier) group leaves from the same car park at 7pm.
Fred W
fredspark

Postby fredspark » Fri May 11, 2018 1:07 pm

Like last week we started going through at a good 20mph on the 10-2-7 easier training ride last night, but with more of us out in a strong bunch we maintained that all the way to Artist Lane. Phil K (its about time you put a number on Phil) led the charge up to the Wizard hotly pursued by Ant L, Rich T, Adam S, in no mans land yours truly, Mick O, Eddie G, Mark B, Pete J and Andy R. Sorry if that's not quite the right finishing positions but I was definitely in no mans land and Andy was defo last (must try harder). Dave H also joined us for the first half of the ride making eleven of us in total, but had peeled of before, so missed his chance to at least win his age group cat on Artist Ln.
The fast chain gang that leaves Broken x at 7 was spotted turning into Seven Sisters just as we were going across at Ollerton, I'm not sure exactly who was out but about half a dozen wheelers at least flashed past.
From the Wizard most of us went down into Prestbury then into town through Tythrington for a slightly longer ride than normal. Even so Ant and myself managed to get to the bar in the Park Tav just before the rush caused by Just A Ride pulling in a few seconds after.
Fred W
fredspark

Postby fredspark » Thu May 17, 2018 1:56 pm

Tonight Thursdays easier training ride is the clubs introductory and mixed ability training ride suitable for members new to training rides and wishing to develop and also experienced members wanting a slower ride than a full on fast chain gang.
Their is no target speed, the emphasis is on staying together and achieving a smooth group, experienced and stronger riders are expected to help and encourage less experienced riders.
The ride is approximately 30 miles mostly flat and about 90 minutes duration. Please meet up at Broken X for a prompt 10-2-7 start.
Fred W
fredspark

Postby fredspark » Fri May 18, 2018 1:23 pm

The ride of the night award goes to Steve H on his first outing on the 10_2_7 chain gang yesterday, good riding on a quick night.
Steve understandably withdrew from the action on Artists Ln where Eddie and Rich battled it out for KOM, just spectators in that event were Dave H, Andy R and myself, also have a good proper race next Tues, Mick and Mark.
I wont be out next week myself but behave yourselves and look after any newer riders, I'll be keeping tabs on things through a mixture of on the ground human intelligence and digital technology. In the meantime there is the intermediate training ride on Monday which everyone on last night's easier training ride is capable of.
Fred W
fredspark

Postby fredspark » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:30 am

Due to the ongoing settled weather tonights easier training ride will not be cancelled. I dont want to start another debate so the rules have stayed the same as before.; no target speed, the group stays together, stronger rider's to help and encourage newer/less experienced riders, no mudguards needed tonight, no tribars, meet at Broken X for a prompt 10-2-7 depart, have a good training workout, enjoy.
Fred W
fredspark

Postby fredspark » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:08 pm

According to Andy R's strava activity titled "10-2-7 chainy I missed a few turns" (thats honest) he did or should I say we did a PR on the segment Broken X to Artist Ln last night. That can only mean one thing, the rest of us were working b....dy hard!.
So the credits go to; Mick O and Mark B back with us moving it along after trying other stuff, plus strong rides from Eddie G, Phil K, Pete J and if his recovery from heart problems continues like this Dave W will be promoted to that other "faster" training ride.
Andy did make a contribution to his PR, doing his turns till half way round when he claims to have hit a pothole, typical, blame the council.
Fred W
fredspark

Postby fredspark » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:05 pm

In good cycling weather the easier training ride went off pretty quick at 10-2-7 last night.
Carl F made a rare but strong show, Dave T on his second outing and let's hope he becomes a regular, yours truly, regular Mark B and occasional Mark B.
Andy R was a lot more frisky than usual and there was a change in the normal order at the back up Artist Ln, occasional Mark B the last man this week and Andy in no man's land.
Keep on coming out at 10-2 - 7 Mark I'm sure that position will only be temporary.
Fred W
fredspark

Postby fredspark » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:43 am

Tonights is the clubs easier training ride.
The plan is; keep it easier than the intermediate training ride to accomadate all abilities and concentrate on achieving a smooth chain gang, stay together until artist Lane, have a burn up to the wizard if your that way inclined, have a good workout and enjoy.
Meet up at Broken x for a promt 10-2-7 start.
Fred W
fredspark

Postby fredspark » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:36 pm

We had a very good chain gang last night at 10-2-7. There was a slight headwind on the way out but with nine of us shareing the work, good communication, any gaps quickly closed up, and no missed turns at all, we kept a good pace to the bottom of Artist Lane.
Andy R had another frisky ride, Carl F made it two strong chain gangs on the bounce, Eddie G, Rich T and Ant L made welcome returns, supervet Dave W, Mark B going well after raceing earlier in the week and Phil K and yours truly spinning out our legs after the Forest 5 run the night before.
More again next week and more participants welcome.
Fred W
fredspark

Postby fredspark » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:25 pm

This evening is another chance to have a go at the easier training ride.
We will try and achieve a smooth chain gang at a speed everybody can stay with for about 20 flattish miles till we get to the bottom of Artists Lane.
Anybody that wants can have a burn up on the short climb to the Wizard or just twiddle up as suites.
We will regroup and catch our breath at the top before heading down to Prestbury or over Whirley to be back in Macclesfield at about 8.30
Please meet up at Broken X for a prompt 10-2-7 start, details on the website.
Fred W
fredspark

Postby fredspark » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:43 am

The ride of the night award for yesterday evenings easier training ride at 10-2-7 will have to be shared between three chain gang first timers; Kate B, Janet H and Simon R. All three did really well staying in and doing their turns for the main event from Broken X to Artist Lane.
Regular's Mark B, Andy R and Rich T gave good support, with experienced campaigners Ruth G and Malcolm F making welcome guest appearances. Strong rides also from Dave H, Adam S, Mark P and Elliot S who aren't as regular but hopefully that might change.
With yours truly that made it thirteen of us but definatley not unlucky as we made a very good speed to Artist Lane. Progress slowed down a bit getting everybody accross and round junctions and it also got a bit ragged getting through the bridge works at Ollerton but with a bigger turnout shareing the work we were all up at the Wizard between 75 to 80 minuites after leaving Broken X which has been the norm this summer.
More of the same next week would be good but it will be without me for the next two. I'll nominate the most regular attendee Andy Rowe to step in with other regulars Ant, Rich and Mark to help.
Fred W
fredspark

Postby fredspark » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:43 pm

Good numbers out again last night at 10-2-7 and good rideing as well from all eleven.
Rachel G joined us for a steady chain gang in a bit of a headwind until a pre planned peel off on the A50. The pace picked up with a bit more of a tailwind on the second half and I'am glad to report we all arrived at the the top of Welsh Row together.
Junior Ollie S, and veteran Robert F took their respective age group wins on Artist Lane, seniors Steve L and Sam H up there as well, Mick O out of contact with those four but first supervet, yours truly, Carl F, Andy Rowe, Mark B, and Col Y the rest of the field.
It all worked well enough and I think we all had a good workout, my legs felt like they did anyway.
Fred W
fredspark

Postby fredspark » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:44 am

Meet up just before 10-2-7 this evening at Broken X for the easier training ride, details on the club website.
Its 25 to 30 miles, fairly flat at whatever speed we can manage all staying together in a chain gang until we climb Artist Lane where everybody can go up at their own pace.
At the top we will regroup and decide which way to finish the ride; through Prestbury or over Whirley. Good lights are required towards the end of the ride and a good eye to spot potholes in the dusk, its a dam nuisance mending punctures in the dark (or at any time).
Fred W
fredspark

Postby fredspark » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:11 pm

It starts and finishes at Broken X every week at 10-2-7 but even on the same circuit the ride is never quite the same. Last night the easier training ride was very much a mixed ability training ride and it worked pretty well for the 8 or 9 of us out. Everybody was working hard and going through, the ride became a bit more ragged around Toft as some tired legs missed turns but that didn't stop us all staying together.
Rachel G had her strongest ride with us to date and a strong ride also from Janet H on her second outing.
First accross the line at the Wizard was new boy Paul C ( definatley not new to cycling or smashing it up climbs tho) hotly persued by Dave H. Andy R was denied his first podium finish by Fozzie. I think Andy is entitled to put a protest in tho as Mr "allways save a bit" Foster only joined us halfway through the ride then took up his prefered place keeping a eye on the action at the back of the bunch.
As always it was a punchy ride from Col Y and putting in good supporting efforts with yours truly were Mark B and Steve L.
More of the same next week or not to different would be good.
Fred W
fredspark

PreviousNext

Return to Training