Forum

10-2-7 trianing ride 8-feb-18

Training rides info + discussion

10-2-7 trianing ride 8-feb-18

Postby fredspark » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:53 pm

I don't know what happened to Andy R last night, he told me he was going to turn out for the 10-2-7 ride provided it wasn't raining and it definatley wasn't raining at 10-2-7 (it was a little bit at 9-2 but that's no excuse). the weather couldn't have been that bad anyway because Christian A was out for his first training ride in shorts.
Despite the depleted numbers we got up to the Wizard one minute earlier than last week, so a very strong debut effort from Christian and progress made.
Next Thursday will be a last chance for working up on a training ride before the first Wheelers event of the year, the highly worthwhile Barry Hyde Circuit of The Edge. I wont be out myself as I'am cycling in Spain (its not a holiday it's a training camp honest) but that doesn't stop the rest of you turning out.
Fred W
fredspark

Re: 10-2-7 trianing ride 8-feb-18

Postby fredspark » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:44 pm

There were five card carrying (aren't they good) members on the easier training ride last night. DaveW made a fantastic comeback ride, now no longer under doctors orders to keep in a moderate heart rate zone which was just as well as after a fast start it it was hard work keeping the pace up into a headwind on the push up to the A 50 at the top of Severn Sisters Ln.
Nobody missed a single turn all the way to the bottom of Artists Ln where Col Y was so excited he dropped his bottle, Andy R had nearly shaken his saddle bag of and I chased (but didn't catch) Rich T up to the Wizard.
In the summer we normally see another "fast" training ride that some Macc Wheelers join, passing them the opposite way on Seven Sisters but no sign this week which may be a indication we were on one of our quicker circuits and indeed we got up to the Wizard 75 minutes after leaving Broken X which left plenty of time for one last effort over Hare Hill way to Prestbury.
Fred W
fredspark

Return to Training