Forum

Albert the Ironman

Training rides info + discussion

Albert the Ironman

Postby graham » Wed May 28, 2014 5:59 pm

Thought some wheelers may be interested in my experience of a triathlon training camp
Day 4 missed the swim this morning as going out on bike with Albert a young Dutch guy whose PB for an Iron man is 9 hrs 13 mins
35mile ride out to lake 20mph was ok , then a 5 km run around a lake followed by 35 miles back to base at Albert,s level 1 ( 23mph)

I sat on his wheel the whole way back!

Oh did I mention Albert did 1.5 hours in the pool before breakfast

Legs tired and on Friday I need to compete in the mini triathlon for fun :salut:
graham
graham

Re: Albert the Ironman

Postby Brain » Wed May 28, 2014 7:05 pm

Beach holiday next year then?!
Have you mentioned to Bert your Boardman\Obree battle? Mind you bet these youngsters will not have heard of them, and as for toe clips and straps!!!! :wink:
Brain

Re: Albert the Ironman

Postby graham » Fri May 30, 2014 4:33 pm

Yep told everyone how good I was then saw a video of me in the pool and saw how unfit I am now ( who was that fat, balding bloke)
Mini Tri was hard, 400m swim 10 km cycle, 5 km run,my swim and transition times were slow but I made time up on the cycle ride .now ranked 11th overall. Sarah and Ella both did well in it ( Ella thrashed her mum) and Patrick and Rosie did a childs version and really went for it

Some of these guys are really serious, out training on £4000 TT bikes ,use VO2 tests to get their training levels spot on . Gels ,power bars everywhere, power meter's on the race bikes.I caught Lee and Albert comparing power outputs during the Roth ironman in germany last year on their i pads.

makes us cyclists look like amateurs
graham
graham

Return to Training