Forum

ITS BACK- SUNDAY training ride

Training rides info + discussion

Re: ITS BACK- SUNDAY training ride

Postby Mickoc » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:36 pm

13 riders out today. Yet another windy day in the saddle :roll:

Knutsford loop. Great discipline with everybody taking their turn on the front.

Chapeau :cheers: Jill W & Andy J for hanging in there.

Bit of a burn up when we turned at Holmes Chapel all the way home to Broken Cross :shock:

56.5 miles covered. Av speed 17.4mph. Great average considering the wind :cheers:

Dont forget Next Sunday is Circuit of the Edge and starts at Tythrington.

I will be treating this as a training ride. Hope we get the numbers as the last couple of weeks.

See you all Sunday.

Mick O' C :thumleft:
Mickoc

Postby Mickoc » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:47 pm

12 riders for this mornings outing.

After yesterday's sun and no wind.

We were all greeted with damp conditions and our old favourite a rising wind :roll:

Because of the risk of rain the Knutsford loop was choosen.

56.6 miles in the bag. Average speed 17.4mph.

Really good discipline today with everybody doing there turns. Once we turned for home at Knutsford the wind god made his presence known with a virtual head wind all the way back to Broken Cross.

Coming back along the A50 particularly tough. Shorter turns was the call of the day with everybody contributing.

Group was that disciplined that col du pexhill did not phase the group all finishing together at Broken Cross.

Chapeau to you all :salut: for what was another hard day in the saddle trying not to let the wind get the better of us.

See you all next Sunday.

Mick O' C :salut:
Mickoc

Postby roger j wrenn » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:40 pm

It's your wind that troubles us Mick :pottytrain1: :pottytrain1: :pottytrain5: :pottytrain5:
Cheers
  Roger
form is temporary
class is permanent
roger j wrenn
Forum Moderator

Postby Mickoc » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:44 pm

10 Riders out this morming including 2 ladies. I have to say chapeau :salut: to the ladies who keep turning up. Never a word of complaint in all the rides they turn up for.

Weather :roll: Four seasons in one day. Severe battering with hailstones at Byley. Ride finishing in bright sunshine. The wind god smiled on us as we turned around Tatton.

47.7 miles covered - Knutsford loop. Your ride captain forgot that wilmslow half marthon was on today :oops: so had to change ride on the fly :?

Ride was a little shorter than I had planned.

Please note I will not be riding next Sunday as I will be riding in North Wales with the wheelers weekend away.

See you all in 2 weeks time.

Mick O' C :salut:
Mickoc

Postby Mickoc » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:59 pm

Just to let everybody know my winter training is now complete. Having completed the Hell of the North yesterday.

I have now morphed into a racing snake.

I will not be taking any more Sunday rides due to racing. Normal service will resume in the new year.

This year's rides have been really well supported :salut: with numbers well up on previous years. Long may it continue.

:cheers:
Mick O' C
Mickoc

Previous

Return to Training