Forum

Introductory/Slower training ride - Year 2 of 1,000

Training rides info + discussion

Re: Introductory/Slower training ride - Year 2 of 1,000

Postby Chris C » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:20 pm

Five Englishmen and women last night, patriotically pressing on to get back to share the nation's second-half heartache: Annick, Dave Members, Chris I, dodging out of the house for a rest after the arrival a week ago of Illingworth Minor Mark II (congratulations Chris), me, and welcome to Sarah Lewis, who had no trouble at all with this ride (or, I hope, its participants). 18.9 mph back to the base of Mount Pex, 18.5 to its rarified summit.

Expect larger numbers on this ride over the next couple of weeks since football is unlikely to divert many of us, unless .....

Come on Italy.
Chris C

Postby Chris C » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:44 pm

Nine Men's Morris last night (well, seven and two ladies): Dave Substitute for Another Guy, Steve Lomas, Chris I, Annick, me, welcome back to Paul Cartwright (it's been a log time Paul), welcome back to week two to Sarah Lewis and welcome to week one to Martin Cummings and Ben Hurst. 18.8 mph back to Sidd Central, 18.4 to the top (bit split up by then but, hey, I'm not checking the rules).
Chris C

Postby Chris C » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:31 am

Last night completed the second full year of this ride, which we started for those that are new to training rides, those returning from injury or lay off, slower riders generally, and faster riders happy to go a bit slower. I'm very pleased that the line up of last night's participants indicated how the ride is fulfilling that mandate.

Ten of us: Annick, me, Dave Haley, Phil, Chris I (started with these rides last August and now as regular a fixture as Pexhill itself), Steve Lomas (started exactly a year ago), welcome back to week 3 to Sarah Lewis and to week 2 for Ben Hurst, and welcome to week 1 to Tim Priestley and new member Dan Henson. 18.2 mph back to Siddington X and 18.0 to the top.

There is surely no better way to spend a summer's evening.
Chris C

Previous

Return to Training