Forum

First Summer training ride Thursday April 5th

Training rides info + discussion

First Summer training ride Thursday April 5th

Postby Mickoc » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:00 pm

First Summer training ride Starts this Thursday April 5th.

The start time will be 6:30pm until further notice (so that we can ride in the light).

Venue: Broken Cross car park.

Time to bring out the carbon steeds :shock:

See you all Thursday.

El Capitano :cheers:
Mickoc

Re: First Summer training ride Thursday April 5th

Postby Pokerface » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:55 pm

Just want to point out that I 'thought' you had to be a club member to ride the chain gangs (as per the note on the top of the training page). I assume this is a liability issue.

Anyway, seems our little chain gang is gaining notoriety on Facebook with lots of non-club members-types all wanting to join in (mostly because their own clubs don't offer such great rides).

I've politely pointed out that these rides are for club members, they are welcome to join or become a second claim ember, etc.

But there seems to be a movement to buck the system and just leech of us.

So - if this is cool and all comers are welcome - then I apologise. But if not, please be aware that there may be a lot of unfamiliar faces turning up for these rides.
Pokerface

Re: First Summer training ride Thursday April 5th

Postby dharbott » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:55 am

Pokerface wrote:Anyway, seems our little training ride is gaining notoriety on Facebook with lots of non-club members-types all wanting to join in (mostly because their own clubs don't offer such great rides).

I've politely pointed out that these rides are for club members, they are welcome to join or become a second claim ember, etc.

But there seems to be a movement to buck the system and just leech of us.

So - if this is cool and all comers are welcome - then I apologise. But if not, please be aware that there may be a lot of unfamiliar faces turning up for these rides.

Thanks for pointing this out Colin. There's a committee meeting tonight and I'll bring this up then.
So, I'll get back to you with a definitive answer soon.
David Harbottle
dharbott

Return to Training