Forum

Easier trianing ride at 10-2-7

Training rides info + discussion

Re: Easier trianing ride at 10-2-7

Postby fredspark » Thu May 03, 2018 7:54 am

Its going to be another good evening for the easier training ride @ 10-2-7 tonight (and the other club rides) all detials on the club website http://macclesfieldwheelers.org.uk/training.php
Fred W
fredspark

Postby fredspark » Thu May 10, 2018 7:47 am

Meet up for the easier training ride just before for a 10-2 7 start at Broken X tonight. If you miss the start another faster (not easier) group leaves from the same car park at 7pm.
Fred W
fredspark

Postby fredspark » Fri May 11, 2018 1:07 pm

Like last week we started going through at a good 20mph on the 10-2-7 easier training ride last night, but with more of us out in a strong bunch we maintained that all the way to Artist Lane. Phil K (its about time you put a number on Phil) led the charge up to the Wizard hotly pursued by Ant L, Rich T, Adam S, in no mans land yours truly, Mick O, Eddie G, Mark B, Pete J and Andy R. Sorry if that's not quite the right finishing positions but I was definitely in no mans land and Andy was defo last (must try harder). Dave H also joined us for the first half of the ride making eleven of us in total, but had peeled of before, so missed his chance to at least win his age group cat on Artist Ln.
The fast chain gang that leaves Broken x at 7 was spotted turning into Seven Sisters just as we were going across at Ollerton, I'm not sure exactly who was out but about half a dozen wheelers at least flashed past.
From the Wizard most of us went down into Prestbury then into town through Tythrington for a slightly longer ride than normal. Even so Ant and myself managed to get to the bar in the Park Tav just before the rush caused by Just A Ride pulling in a few seconds after.
Fred W
fredspark

Postby fredspark » Thu May 17, 2018 1:56 pm

Tonight Thursdays easier training ride is the clubs introductory and mixed ability training ride suitable for members new to training rides and wishing to develop and also experienced members wanting a slower ride than a full on fast chain gang.
Their is no target speed, the emphasis is on staying together and achieving a smooth group, experienced and stronger riders are expected to help and encourage less experienced riders.
The ride is approximately 30 miles mostly flat and about 90 minutes duration. Please meet up at Broken X for a prompt 10-2-7 start.
Fred W
fredspark

Postby fredspark » Fri May 18, 2018 1:23 pm

The ride of the night award goes to Steve H on his first outing on the 10_2_7 chain gang yesterday, good riding on a quick night.
Steve understandably withdrew from the action on Artists Ln where Eddie and Rich battled it out for KOM, just spectators in that event were Dave H, Andy R and myself, also have a good proper race next Tues, Mick and Mark.
I wont be out next week myself but behave yourselves and look after any newer riders, I'll be keeping tabs on things through a mixture of on the ground human intelligence and digital technology. In the meantime there is the intermediate training ride on Monday which everyone on last night's easier training ride is capable of.
Fred W
fredspark

Postby fredspark » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:30 am

Due to the ongoing settled weather tonights easier training ride will not be cancelled. I dont want to start another debate so the rules have stayed the same as before.; no target speed, the group stays together, stronger rider's to help and encourage newer/less experienced riders, no mudguards needed tonight, no tribars, meet at Broken X for a prompt 10-2-7 depart, have a good training workout, enjoy.
Fred W
fredspark

Postby fredspark » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:08 pm

According to Andy R's strava activity titled "10-2-7 chainy I missed a few turns" (thats honest) he did or should I say we did a PR on the segment Broken X to Artist Ln last night. That can only mean one thing, the rest of us were working b....dy hard!.
So the credits go to; Mick O and Mark B back with us moving it along after trying other stuff, plus strong rides from Eddie G, Phil K, Pete J and if his recovery from heart problems continues like this Dave W will be promoted to that other "faster" training ride.
Andy did make a contribution to his PR, doing his turns till half way round when he claims to have hit a pothole, typical, blame the council.
Fred W
fredspark

Previous

Return to Training