Forum

10 2 7 training ride

General Macclesfield Wheelers related discussion.

10 2 7 training ride

Postby fredspark » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:45 pm

Considering the blustery wind which we never seemed to get out of till we got to the wizard it was another good chain gang last night at 10 2 7. Heading down pexhill, in alphabetical order; Andy, Ant, Col, Jez, Mark, Me, Ollie, Rachel (keep hanging in there Rachel) Rich, & Steve.
This ride has evolved since the original cardiac squadra last winter on Wednesday nights, a couple of people ( who do JAR on thursdays) have asked if we are going to move our night to Wednesdays so they can do both. My feeling is its up to those of us that have turned up regular, we've had good numbers which are holding up even into the dark and wet nights so maybe its a case of if its working well dont change it.
Its also been suggested we change the route to avoid the A50, doing the Byley loop. Thats a longer harder option (but safer). The other option is the Sweetenham circuits which is better for accommodating mixed abilities/new riders, but a bit repati've if you've done that on mondays.
I'am up for considering any changes so discuss. The one thing we should stick with is staying together, looking out for each other and accommodating different abilities.
I won't be out next week as its time for a bit more cycling in the sun before the long slog thru the winter so you'll be 1 down heading into that wind.
Fred W
fredspark

Return to General