Forum

Saturday 1st October -UN International Day for Older Persons

General Macclesfield Wheelers related discussion.

Saturday 1st October -UN International Day for Older Persons

Postby david.haley » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:24 am

Yes on Saturday 01/10/16 the United Nations have declared a worldwide day to celebrate Older Persons! How will our club mark this special day and how many OAP's will grace our club run? Will our long lost Hon. Treasurer appear with his big fat cheque book and alleviate pensioner poverty? Will club kit official turn up with free kit for the old and needy? How can ordinary members make their contribution, perhaps push an OAP up a climb (not into the ditch)? Maybe form an echelon to protect an oldie from the wind and elements? Best of all at the café stop perhaps treat any crinkly looking soul to extra cake? Anyone who knows me will realise that I am not seeking personal gain by publicising this special day but then again if you insist far be it from me to object! Hopefully individual members will have their own ideas on how to support the elderly on their special day but anyone suggesting euthanasia will be in breach of international law!
david.haley

Re: Saturday 1st October -UN International Day for Older Per

Postby Simon Galgut » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:04 pm

We don't use cheque books any more, old timer.

I said, we don't use cheque books any more.
Simon Galgut

Postby fredspark » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:12 pm

I think donate a mudguard should be be on your wishlist Dave
Fred W
fredspark

Postby PaulH » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:20 pm

david.haley wrote:individual members will have their own ideas on how to support the elderly on their special day but anyone suggesting euthanasia will be in breach of international law!

ok, it's settled, this Saturday's club run is to Zurich :shock:
PaulH

Postby david.haley » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:39 pm

OK, so not a lot of support shown for the older generation. Come on Mr. Hon. Treasurer oldies can handle cash or bank transfers but maybe the level of your benevolence best equates to a voucher for an undertaker!
david.haley

Postby Brian Evans » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:36 pm

Don't be fooled by the golden oldies. I seem to recall that it was a load of pensioners that managed to successfully "transfer" a wadge of jewellery out of a Hatton Garden vault and into their "bank". Besides which, if all those in the club over 50, and those who wobbled on their bikes, took a trip to Zurich, what would be left of the club? Salute the oldies! :salut:
Brian Evans

Return to General