Forum

Wanted: Club Welfare Officer(s)

General Macclesfield Wheelers related discussion.

Wanted: Club Welfare Officer(s)

Postby lfcquin » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:44 pm

All members who we have a recorded email address for should have received an email from me tonight.

The club is required to appoint one or more Club Welfare Officers if we are to renew our membership of British Cycling in 2016 and continue to have members of the club under 18 years of age. My email outlines the details of the role in a document that we have received from British Cycling. It is imperative that we fill the role if we are to keep our club structure as it is right now.

British Cycling recommend that the role is not someone already an officer or ride leader of the Club or a close relation of an officer which rules out most of the current committee. Therefore I am looking for volunteers from amongst our membership base to take on the role. The volunteer will need to undertake a DBS check and their role will be to be available as a point of contact for under 18 members and also to advise the committee and ride organisers on how they should look after our younger members.

Please can you contact me ASAP if you would be prepared to take on the role or if you didn't receive the email and want more details. Obviously we are keen to fill the role quickly to protect our 2016 membership submission and to ensure we can accept 2016 membership requests from under 18's.

Thanks

Chris Quin
lfcquin

Return to General