Forum

Update on Club AGM 2015

General Macclesfield Wheelers related discussion.

Update on Club AGM 2015

Postby lfcquin » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:45 pm

All,
Last month we held our club Annual General Meeting. Attendance was lower than in recent years with 21 Members present. A number of Members had given their apologies because of the clash with Schools Half Term in the area which may provide an explanation for the lower than normal numbers.

As most of you are probably already aware, our Chairman of the last 16/17 years (no-one seems to know the exact date), Pete McGuckian confirmed that he would be standing down. Dave Harbottle also stood down from the committee after over 10 years of service. I would like to give my thanks to both of them for their commitment to the club.

Member reports were presented and demonstrated that the club was in good health, with a growing Membership base and some extraordinary performances from Members this year, including John Jackson qualifying for and then competing in Paris-Brest-Paris, Mike Knudsden taking on an Hour record attempt and Chrissy Higgs adding to her Palmares with some more National Championship jerseys.

The Committee then voted in the following officials for 2015. These should be your point of contact for the roles outlined below:

President: Terry Wesley
Chairman: Jill Wesley
General Secretary: Chris Quin
Treasurer: Simon Galgut
Membership Secretary: Vacant (Under review currently - Dave Harbottle will continue in role until the end of the year)
Social Secretaries: Alison Leah and Becky Burns
Road Racing Secretary: Ant Allan
Track Secretary: Christine Higgs
MTB Secretary: Mark Rowson
Cyclo Cross Secretary: Paul Herd
Time Trial Secretary: Robert Foster
Club Captain: Matt Lawton
Runs Leaders: Simon Galgut & Paul Hart (Saturday Road), Mark Rowson (Saturday Off Road) and John Jackson (Sunday Easy)
School age and Junior Representative: Matt Lawton
Media Co-ordinator: Dave Higham
Club Clothing: Cath Burton

It was then agreed that the club will support the following events for 2016:
Open 25 Mile Time Trial
Club 10's, Inter Club 25's and Club Hill Climb Championships
Supacross Cyclo Cross race
Circuit of the Edge and Three Loops reliability rides
TLI Tuesday Night Road Race
Parkinsons Road Race

Finally, the committee have also agreed to adopt a new code of conduct and child protection policy that have been discussed throughout the year these are now being prepared for launch and integrated into our documents and club guidelines. More details will follow shortly.

If you have any questions, desire to discuss any of this with me or thoughts on how your club should be run then feel free to drop me an email, facebook note or a note through the forum and I will respond as soon as I can.

Thanks and happy riding for 2016!
Chris Quin
Gen Sec
lfcquin

Return to General