Forum

A big thank you

General Macclesfield Wheelers related discussion.

A big thank you

Postby thetrotter » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:34 am

To everybody who stayed with me until the ambulance arrived yesterday. I really appreciated it even if I was unable to say so at the time.
Samuel Pecke : A bald headed buzzard content only in wenching, lying and drinking.
thetrotter

Re: A big thank you

Postby PaulH » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:36 am

No worries Dave, hope you're feeling better soon and have a speedy recovery :salut:
PaulH

Postby thetrotter » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:00 am

Thanks for texting Joan to ask how I was - and "thanks!" for helping to lift me on the trolley which is possibly one of the most painful things I've ever experienced. Unfortunately have broken the hip socket so long period in bed and in the hospital - climbing the walls already and that's Day One.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
Samuel Pecke : A bald headed buzzard content only in wenching, lying and drinking.
thetrotter

Postby PaulH » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:51 am

Yeah, it didn't sound like you were enjoying that lift, hopefully the morphine eased things a bit!
Reminded me of having my ski boot removed after I broke my leg.

It's not much fun being in the hospital but it'll be better once you get back home and especially when you start physio and can focus on getting back to normal. The fitness will come back - just don't eat too much "comfort food" while you're not active!

I emailed Pete last night to let him (and the rest of the wheelers doing Wild Wales) know what had happened.
PaulH

Postby thetrotter » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:55 am

Thanks for the encouragement - really appreciate it. Not only do I have access to endless pain relief but I also now have free compression socks :-D

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
thetrotter

Return to General