Forum

LEJOG

General Macclesfield Wheelers related discussion.

LEJOG

Postby admin » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:33 am

Dave Lacey left Lands End on 27 June and rode solo unsupported to John O'Groats arriving on 13 July
From Dave Lacys Face Book:-
Arrived mid afternoon to be greeted by.....seagulls! Whoopee! Its been a hard ride the last few days. Not sure what I feel at the moment.Signed off at the Starbucks Cafe overlooking the harbour..such as it is. A peck on the cheek from the waitress... was that what is it was for? Lol!Thanks to you all for your support and encouragement. It has been s big learning curve doing this unsupported..biut had some really interesting experiences along the way. I'm putting a blog together about it all. Oh...and just a reminder.. I did this suporting Cancer Research under projects, Notsofitmanonabike http://myprojects.cancerresearchuk.org/fundraise/fundraising-pages/notsofitmanonabike! Any donations would be great fully received!
Oh boy, its a long way home from here!
admin
Site Admin

Re: LEJOG

Postby admin » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:39 am

From Graham White
We've organised a BBQ for Dave this Saturday at 5pm at the St Dunston in Langley to boost Daves charity effort.
It's £10/person and we all get a hearty bbq and the surplus money will go straight to the cause. STEVE & VICKY have planned this and the more people we can get to come along obviousely the happier he will be. It would be lovely if you could make it. If you Could share the news then I know Dave would be really grateful. Ttfn and hope to see you soon.
Graham
admin
Site Admin

Re: LEJOG

Postby Simon Galgut » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:18 pm

This week's Saturday road ride is fairly short and flat, so there should be no problem getting to the St Dunston in time to partake of bbq & beer.
Simon Galgut

Return to General