Forum

Vintage cycles coming up for sale

General Macclesfield Wheelers related discussion.

Vintage cycles coming up for sale

Postby Squeezypete » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:57 pm

I do some work at Maxwells Auction House in Hazel Grove. On the 8th July we have some very nice vintage road cycles coming up for sale.
1. Hetchins Magnum Opus De Luxe. 58cm seat tube, 531, curly lugs and curved rear triangle tubes. Campagnolo Record 9 speed changers, Hope hubs.
2. Hetchins 59cm 531 short lugs curved rear triangle Campag Athena 9 speed Campag hubs.
3. Hetchins fixed wheel, 58cm 531 curly lugs Campag brakes and crank set.
4. Frank Herety 60cm old 105 8 speed. painted grey and quite scratched. U/k tubes.
4. Harry Quinn 531 fixed wheel 59cm. 105 brakes and TA crankset.
I don't know the age of any of them but my guess for the Hetchins Magnum Opus looks to me to be maybe mid 90s. As they are none of them would qualify for the Eroica, for instance, as the kit is too modern although the wheels would be OK. All the Hetchins are touring spec really.
The cycles are being sold for the estate of the late EC (Ernie, I think) Stansfield of (?) HazelGrove.
All sizes are approximate and just measured by me with a tape measure. Photos will be on the Maxwells website soon.
If interested you can can always give me a shout. I will be at the sale and could bid for interested parties if necessary. (They are a bit big for me!)
Pete Jackson
Squeezypete

Re: Vintage cycles coming up for sale

Postby roger j wrenn » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:26 pm

Must have been a big lad Ernie,liked his Hetchins !!! :roll: :roll:
Cheers
  Roger
form is temporary
class is permanent
roger j wrenn
Forum Moderator

Return to General